VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Re: Why are japanese cars the best cars in the world? (MafiaMKIV)

...because they don't cheap out with discount muffler bearings and watered down blinker fluid!

·
Banned
26,433 Posts
Re: FV-QR (axe)

This thread is like going to Mecca during Ramadan wearing a bacon suit, having effigies of Muhammad getting raped by a rabbi, and playing video of Shock And Awe 2003 Greatest Hits all at the same time.

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Fritz27)

Quote, originally posted by Fritz27 »
This thread is like going to Mecca during Ramadan wearing a bacon suit, having effigies of Muhammad getting raped by a rabbi, and playing video of Shock And Awe 2003 Greatest Hits all at the same time.

WIN

·
Registered
2,105 Posts

They are the best, because they are reliable. People yawn whenever they see them, so they typically don't find it worth it to modify them, unlike European cars. Motivation. It's different for white trash and "south of the border" types, though. White trash are on Meth all the time, so anything seems interesting to them, so they'll put chrome exhaust stacks on the Camry. South-of-the-border types are so strung out from doing all the jobs that "middle class" white people are too stuck up to do anymore, they probably aren't thinking straight when they decide to take the bench from the bus stop and JB Weld it to the trunk.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
44,112 Posts
Because Japan had something to prove after we nuked them in WWII. Germany half-assed it because all we did was knock down a few of their buildings, and really....who wants to own France and England anyway?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good stuff gentlemen.
I got a gti because i thought owning a german car would be nice, but it turned out to be the biggest pile i've ever layed my hands on, and just recently realized the greatness of japanese automotive engineering. Russian tuning is because i'm russian and I "tune", duh! lol
I see a whole bunch of euro trash around the chicago area with ebay fart-cans on their b5's and mk4's, so don't tell me about "rice".

·
Registered
18,585 Posts

Quote, originally posted by MafiaMKIV »
Could someone please explain this phenomenon to me?
Thanks.

American cars are engineered to fail sooner, to keep the buy-and-consume cycle going. It worked perfectly for many years.
The Japanese companies used reliability to sell their cars. Obviously, reputation means a lot.

·
Registered
44,112 Posts
Re: Why are japanese cars the best cars in the world? (TheTimob)

Quote, originally posted by TheTimob »

Obviously, reputation means a lot.
Then why isn't LumisWolfy banned yet

·
Registered
5,716 Posts

Japanese were focused. They utilized Lean manufacturing and proper controls. That allowed the cars to be put together very well and reliable. They have looked at what the customers are saying. That's how Toyota and Honda came to have high reputations. Porsche has taken a page from Toyota's book and got their act together. From the looks of it Toyota has allowed itself to stray of the straight path in pursuit of being No. 1 and came back to bite them in the ass.

·
Registered
2022 Lexus GX460, 2005 Lexus GX470, 1973 IH Scout
16,844 Posts

Quote, originally posted by MafiaMKIV »
Could someone please explain this phenomenon to me?
Thanks.

Did you bang a light socket last night?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.