Registered
1,395 Posts

I sure could use them and not the ones you attach to the mirror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'18 Camry SE, '15 F150 XLT, '05 Golf, '91 GTI VR6
5,292 Posts
I understand the use of 1/2 tons as commuters-most people don't want the hassle and expense of buying/registering/insuring/parking multiple vehicles. But as members of this site are (allegedly) car enthusiasts, most of us are willing to make concessions.
YES!

If I just needed a commuter, then yes the Frontier would have been a giant waste. But I need a commuter, plus something that can wear a lot of different hats - which is how I ended up buying a Frontier. And the icing is that my wife can drive it, and she does on days when I take her car - a Skyactiv-powered Mazda3 - to work. TCL wisdom would dictate that I get a 1997 Civic as a commuter car (no thanks).

I did the manuél wagon and utility trailer thing. It's a pain in the balls. This Saturday, I am going to my folks' to pick up their snowblower to get serviced, which in the olden days would have required me to hook up the trailer, etc. and as such, I couldn't take the parkway, which is the more direct route to their house. So tell me, which is more efficient :D

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I don't pull out, neither do my mirrors.

Toyota doesn't actually offer extended mirrors as an option.
Toy trucks don't pull anything big enough you'd need to pull your mirrors out for.

THAT is who chooses to drive pickup trucks in this country. Total losers with no regard for anyone but themselves.
Next 1/2 ton that doesn't do something you like, feel free to jump under it.

·
Registered
51,128 Posts
My 07 Tundra Limited did. here it is when it was a press truck before I bought it:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/17/in-the-autoblog-garage-2007-toyota-tundra-limited/
So they had them as part of the tow package and discontinued them sometime between 2007 and now? Now they supply electronic blind spot mirrors. They don't make towing mirrors with blind spot monitor.

Toyota doesn't offer the truck with tow mirrors as an option but does offer them as an accessory through the parts department.

·
Registered
Mustang | RX-7 | Mazda3 | Ninja 400
11,046 Posts
YES!

If I just needed a commuter, then yes the Frontier would have been a giant waste. But I need a commuter, plus something that can wear a lot of different hats - which is how I ended up buying a Frontier. And the icing is that my wife can drive it, and she does on days when I take her car - a Skyactiv-powered Mazda3 - to work. TCL wisdom would dictate that I get a 1997 Civic as a commuter car (no thanks).

I did the manuél wagon and utility trailer thing. It's a pain in the balls. This Saturday, I am going to my folks' to pick up their snowblower to get serviced, which in the olden days would have required me to hook up the trailer, etc. and as such, I couldn't take the parkway, which is the more direct route to their house. So tell me, which is more efficient :D
Yes but you are doing truck things. Others do zero truck things.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
I don't pull out, neither do my mirrors.

Toy trucks don't pull anything big enough you'd need to pull your mirrors out for.

Next 1/2 ton that doesn't do something you like, feel free to jump under it.

I tow lots with my truck. Like I mentioned a 24' enclosed, 16' enclosed, and my Firebird. I could definitely use tow mirrors.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Lol, yes because I am driving all 3 cars at once all the time. :rolleyes:

The rotary gets 20 MPG combined, btw. :peace:
If I wasn't already familiar with your complete lack of self-awareness, I would think you're trying to make my point for me.

Perhaps you shouldn't worry so much about what others do and whether they consume more than they "need" when you own 3 cars which you cannot, as you point out, drive at the same time. And, as much as I like both of them, no one "needs" a Mustang or RX7. Some people actually "need" a half ton truck, even if it's only for one or two days per week.

I'd also venture a guess that regardless of mileage, your 13B produces more pollution than a 2016 evil half ton.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I should probably mention that I did have, before this truck, a 2008 6.7L Cummins 3500 SRW. I did all the deletes, exhaust, intake, Smarty etc etc. It was a lot of fun but having the Tundra for day to day is SO much easier and a lot more comfortable. I know my way around trucks, I was just hoping for some pull out mirrors on a half ton would be standard considering how much they can tow now.

·
Registered
Mustang | RX-7 | Mazda3 | Ninja 400
11,046 Posts
If I wasn't already familiar with your complete lack of self-awareness, I would think you're trying to make my point for me.

Perhaps you shouldn't worry so much about what others do and whether they consume more than they "need" when you own 3 cars which you cannot, as you point out, drive at the same time. And, as much as I like both of them, no one "needs" a Mustang or RX7. Some people actually "need" a half ton truck, even if it's only for one or two days per week.

I'd also venture a guess that regardless of mileage, your 13B produces more pollution than a 2016 evil half ton.
What a friendly response. I generally don't care how people waste their money, but the ones who never ever do truck things and just buy it because of status/comfort/something just chaps my ass when these guys sit in the left lane and make a higher probability of sending rock chips in my windshield. :laugh:

I do sports car things with my sports car. I am exempt. There, that should solve the self-awareness issue. :p

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
What a friendly response. I generally don't care how people waste their money, but the ones who never ever do truck things and just buy it because of status/comfort/something just chaps my ass when these guys sit in the left lane and make a higher probability of sending rock chips in my windshield. :laugh:

I do sports car things with my sports car. I am exempt. There, that should solve the self-awareness issue. :p
I actually do need a truck. Your "you can buy a lot of car with $54k" response was kind of useless in this thread. I use a truck as a truck.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.