VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason my clutch burned out, was do to a leaking rear engine seal, leaking motor oil onto the clutch. Then when the tech was installing the new clutch they found a bad bolt on the subframe and they have to replace the entire subframe (I'm not so sure why but they do) and to top it off there is a leaking cv boot. If it wasnt a dub I'd be pissed.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Re: Why cant dubs be easy to fix :( (tenacious jett)

Um, I think dubs are easier to fix than most other cars. I dont' see the broken subframe bolt, and why it would have to be replaced. Our subframes are supose to be really good. I got into couple of little front end accidents no problems yet.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Why cant dubs be easy to fix :( (speed51133!)

I know dubs are easy to work on, but everytime it goes in to get a new goody installed I get a call, "we have some bad news, we found this and that and the other that needs to be fixed. And we are going to rape you in the meantime."

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Why cant dubs be easy to fix :( (maxt)

When I'm at school the only shop is a dealer about 20 minutes away. My normal shop is 3 1/2 hours away and the other sweet dub shop is in the twin cities and that is over an hour away, it's hard to get any of my roommates to pick me up from the stealership, it would be impossible to get them to go to the cities. So for 8 months of the year I'm stuck with the stealership, however one of the techs runs a small shop out of his home, and he is all about performance and for the major jobs does the work at the dealership, so he is the tech that I always request.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Re: Why cant dubs be easy to fix :( (1997 Golf GL)

quote:[HR][/HR]Our subframes are supose to be really good. I got into couple of little front end accidents no problems yet. [HR][/HR]​
I got in one accident <15 MPH and my frame was bent. Guess it's all how you hit em.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Re: Why cant dubs be easy to fix :( (TooLFan46n2)

Having the subframe changed because fixing the clutch? c'mon you are just being ripped off or at least the guy doesn't know what he is doing. Get a competent guy do the job. Luckily in Mexico half the cars in the street are VWs and there is a lot of competent mechanics that can do stuff to our dubs.

·
Banned
837 Posts
Re: Why cant dubs be easy to fix :( (luisgp)

Dubs are pretty easy to work on considering they are the honda civic's of German cars...I wouldnt say they were that easy, but in the big scope...they are pretty easy when you examine the type of cars Germany produces...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Re: Why cant dubs be easy to fix :( (tenacious jett)

quote:[HR][/HR]The reason my clutch burned out, was do to a leaking rear engine seal, leaking motor oil onto the clutch. Then when the tech was installing the new clutch they found a bad bolt on the subframe and they have to replace the entire subframe (I'm not so sure why but they do) and to top it off there is a leaking cv boot. If it wasnt a dub I'd be pissed.[HR][/HR]​
I guess you never worked on a GM vehicule. It'll make you cry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.