VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for the r32 for two years, and when they finally bring it over, there is no navigation system, no satellite radio, and no bi-Xenon headlights, like they do in Europe! If I am going to keep a car for seven, or even 5 years, I need to have those TODAY. VW, PLEASE bring the European r32 over here with the options I mention above.
Sincerely,
Devote r32 fan.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Re: Why didn't VW? (r32man)

Listen pal... you can still get the HID's you want. There are several folks on the Vortex selling the OEM kit needed to get the job done. ~$1100 will get you the parts you need. So just pretend the MSRP was a grand over what it is now if they came with them from the factory.
BTW, it was not VW's fault for not bringing the HID's over to the states. You can blame the US government for that one.
Also keep in mind we are paying almost 10k less than the European folks for the R32... so quit yer bitchin'.
Another thing... the VW Navigation system is nothing to write home about. Just ask the folks in the Touareg forum. The maps are not DVD based, and they are not very up-to-date. People have mentioned there are quite a number of roads missing in most of the rural areas.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Re: Why didn't VW? (r32man)

The real reason was to keep the cost down. If I'm not incorrect, the r32 was much more expensive (in us dollars) everywhere else in the world. The main thing is, we got the car, it's almost all there, and we didn't have to pay that much (relatively) for it.
The one thing I would have wanted were the xenons...other than that I could care less about the nav. Of course the rear lights and the suspension would have been nice, but can't complain...I love my car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts