VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remove the water pump? I mean from the directions I've looked at, I don't get how it will move enough to clear the frame wall next to the motor, seems to me (when i was down under looking at it) that there is enough room to pull it from the bottom. Of course I've never done it...but I just wonder why....anyone shed more light on why?

·
Registered
28,093 Posts
Re: Why do I have to almost pull the motor to..... (VR6Stress)

Good question.
The shop that looked into my overheating problem traced it to the water pump. They said that they had to lift the engine a little to get it off.

·
Registered
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Why do I have to almost pull the motor to..... (Cooper)

but why....if you get under it...it seems like it would be easier...(maybe it has to do with the nut that holds the pulley on???) are those hard to take off?? crap i should have taken pictures...lol

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts

nice to see you around, jon

bill

·
Registered
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Why do I have to almost pull the motor to..... (jebglx)

you too bill...(where's your answer bill??? you have to first answer my question then we can commence with the chit-chat....lol)

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]you too bill...(where's your answer bill??? you have to first answer my question then we can commence with the chit-chat....lol)[HR][/HR]​
bwahahahahahahaha
!!

uhhhh, i don't know
bill

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Re: Why do I have to almost pull the motor to..... (jebglx)

If it makes you feel any better you've gotta remove the supercharger in G60 engines to access the waterpump

·
Registered
28,093 Posts
Re: Why do I have to almost pull the motor to..... (N'Syncro)

There's a link to a remarkably detailed procedure on changing the water pump in the 12v VR6 technical forum right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts