VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Why do I see so many big rigs driving crazy? (hoodwinkvr6)

Quote, originally posted by hoodwinkvr6 »
yep.. we're all on the crank

Not you but 9% seems believable to me. We have big rigs at fault in crashes here all the time. Didn't you hear about that tunnel inferno near Los Angeles that was started by 2 trucks crashing?

Modified by Spa_driver at 11:05 PM 10-31-2007

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
22 Frontier 21 C2S 16 A8 88 16v Scirocco
12,561 Posts
Re: Why do I see so many big rigs driving crazy? (Spa_driver)

man, a friend of mine a few years ago made good money out at truck stops man. **** is no joke

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
Re: Why do I see so many big rigs driving crazy? (BLKonBLKMKVGTI)

Quote, originally posted by BLKonBLKMKVGTI »
man, a friend of mine a few years ago made good money out at truck stops man. **** is no joke

Your friend was selling his ass?

·
Registered
36,381 Posts

Is 9% of truckers really that different from the general public? Isn't about 10% of the public on drugs at any given time? Granted, it's less of a safety issue to have a ton of homeless people wandering on foot while wacked out and such than an 80,000 truck piloted by a drug user, but I'm guessing the percentage is similar.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Re: Why do I see so many big rigs driving crazy? (PDing)

oh so thats why i almost got killed a few times when moving from California to Oklahoma in the winter. Those damn truckers were all on speed!!!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

hell man, i cant afford to drive crazy... hauling 500k in new caddys aint worth it
but no doubt, im sure theres some ****nuts out there... trust me ive seen'em

·
Registered
28,779 Posts
Re: (chewym)

Quote, originally posted by chewym »
This is why the European truck speed limit does make sense.

But note that the European 90km/h speed limit for trucks is very close to the California 55mph speed limit for trucks.
The difference is, speed limits seem to be much more strictly obeyed and enforced over there.

·
Registered
2018 SQ5
11,838 Posts
Re: (tjl)

Quote, originally posted by tjl »

But note that the European 90km/h speed limit for trucks is very close to the California 55mph speed limit for trucks.
The difference is, speed limits seem to be much more strictly obeyed and enforced over there.

I see it pretty well enforced on trucks and cars with trailers here. They don't really mess around.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Re: Why do I see so many big rigs driving crazy? (Smindustries)

If they enforced a nationwide 55 mph truck speed limit in the US with speed governors like they do in Europe, you could pretty much kiss an open left lane goodbye because you'd have trucks running nose to tail on the right and all other traffic stuck in the left lane unable to pass or change lanes.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Re: Why do I see so many big rigs driving crazy? (WhiteRat)

Quote, originally posted by WhiteRat »
If they enforced a nationwide 55 mph truck speed limit in the US with speed governors like they do in Europe, you could pretty much kiss an open left lane goodbye because you'd have trucks running nose to tail on the right and all other traffic stuck in the left lane unable to pass or change lanes.

I've never seen an open left lane in the US.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts

Quote, originally posted by WhiteRat »

That's true, you also have to consider the fact that europe is much smaller in size and it doesn't take 3-4 days to drive across like it does in Canada and US.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Re: Why do I see so many big rigs driving crazy? (redshift)

Quote, originally posted by redshift »

I've never seen an open left lane in the US.

Well, picture that and multiply it by 1000.
I've seen it personally in Ohio, the turnpike turned into a near parking lot.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

around here they run red lights like they own the road, I'm just waiting for the one time somebody instantly floors it when the light turns green only to be T-boned by a semi flying trying to get through the light.

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Re: Why do I see so many big rigs driving crazy? (GermaniuM)

Quote, originally posted by GermaniuM »

That's true, you also have to consider the fact that europe is much smaller in size and it doesn't take 3-4 days to drive across like it does in Canada and US.

Uh, Europe is actually larger than Canada and the US (not combined)...

·
Banned
10,159 Posts
Re: Why do I see so many big rigs driving crazy? (xdre)

Quote, originally posted by xdre »

Uh, Europe is actually larger than Canada and the US (not combined)...

Not really... Europe's total area is only slightly more than the US and Canada, actually less if you include things like the great lakes.
And this thread is talking about big rigs, when it comes to travellable roads and their length, Europe doesn't have anything that matches the interstate.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.