VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering why do people sell their cars after putting so much money in to their cars.
i see a lot of really nice cars but a lot are for sale.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
Re: Why do people sell their cars?????? (MK4 turbo)

Moving on to new projects.
Realized Car Tuning isn't as Important as other things in life.
Bill collectors kocking the door down for parts they couldn't afford in the first place.
Buying a house
Moving
Getting Married
Having Kids
etc.....

·
Registered
924 Posts

Main reason I do it is because now one project is done and I'm excited to move onto the next. Kind of like why is the first date so much more exiting than the hundredth? Experiencing something new, I suppose.
Either that, or because my last project car broke and I was getting tired of all of the problems.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

One recent example I can think of is Skara here on the 'tex. Basically, after you put so much into a car, it comes down to an obsession. Her situation is that she is very very protective of the car and it has just become, in her eyes, unreasonable to keep it. She said that she barely even drives it anymore for fear of it becoming damaged. I know that if I put that much work into a car, I would constantly worry about being rear-ended and never having the vehicle right again.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Re: Why do people sell their cars?????? (BRM10984)

People in my age group generally don't. We have children waiting in line for free, good cars. And they know the previous owner. I haven't sold or traded-in a car since my daughters got their permits in the mid-80's.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Re: Why do people sell their cars?????? (melech)

People like change and get bored...They start to see the same car for a long time and dont apprepicate it. Then they sell it and miss it.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Why do people sell their cars?????? (Cluemanti)

i'm pretty sure after someone gets rid of the car they start to miss the car and regrets it somehow.
just seems kinda hard to get rid of something you put all you time and money into.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Re: Why do people sell their cars?????? (bluanutonu)

for me, its about school. I love VW and i got a 2.0T thinking eveything was going to be alright but after putting 1000+ dollars and 100+ HOURS into my car, You soon realized it is not effienent to have a forced induction car when you are in school.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Re: Why do people sell their cars?????? (m-dub2.0)

i wish i was into VWVortex BEFORE I bought my car. I wouldn't have bought it if i was. I would have gone to classified and bought one of the nice cas people are selling for cheap.
hoestly, i don't see how you can spend so much ona car and then move on. tuning for me is about creating the perfect / unique car and then calling it DONe and then jsut enjoying driving it.
but hey, everbody's got their thing.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Why do people sell their cars?????? (gravitymachine)

Quote, originally posted by gravitymachine »

i wish i was into VWVortex BEFORE I bought my car. I wouldn't have bought it if i was. I would have gone to classified and bought one of the nice cas people are selling for cheap.
hoestly, i don't see how you can spend so much ona car and then move on. tuning for me is about creating the perfect / unique car and then calling it DONe and then jsut enjoying driving it.
but hey, everbody's got their thing.
Thats what i mean people put all their time and effort and get bored all of a sudden i guess it's a never ending car addiction to those who are really into cars.

·
Registered
32,664 Posts

i feel like the mk4 was a mistake to begin with. the scene, the owners, the arrogance, and the car itself is just not everything its could be. i wish i knew then what i know now. never would have bought it... would much rather be rollin in a corrado where they sky's are blue and the grass is green http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
Re: Why do people sell their cars?????? (T0oDamnFast)

Quote, originally posted by T0oDamnFast »
i feel like the mk4 was a mistake to begin with. the scene, the owners, the arrogance, and the car itself is just not everything its could be. i wish i knew then what i know now. never would have bought it... would much rather be rollin in a corrado where they sky's are blue and the grass is green http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Yeah but you'ld just end up being in the Corrado scene and ruining an Old Skool car.

·
Registered
32,664 Posts
Re: Why do people sell their cars?????? (hman)

Quote, originally posted by hman »

Yeah but you'ld just end up being in the Corrado scene and ruining an Old Skool car.

lets see your car

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

Sure, maybe the owners you know are arrogant. That doesn't mean that all of them everywhere are. Chances are good that there is just as many Corrado owners by percentage that are arrogant or rude.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts

lets see your car

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
8,251 Posts

u got a delorean

i wonder how many mk4 kids know what that is..

·
Registered
32,664 Posts
Re: Why do people sell their cars?????? (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »

Sure, maybe the owners you know are arrogant. That doesn't mean that all of them everywhere are. Chances are good that there is just as many Corrado owners by percentage that are arrogant or rude.

this was posted today... take a look at the degree of difference in personality between them and us. there's something like that that just makes you feel good as a corrado owner every day in that forum. i'll be honest, AS A WHOLE we should all be ashamed of ourselves. i hope to see the mk4 guys strive to be HALF as devoted as the rado guys are to one another and the scene they are part of. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
32,664 Posts

so you spend all your time in the mk4 forum debating with me for fun? or do you have a mk4

1 - 20 of 69 Posts