VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hasn't until recently. does my VW not like me anymore? i got a big shock on my finger a few days ago. left a bit of a wound on my finger. hurt like hell. sometimes i can see the spark. hope i dont burn down a petrol station

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: why does my VW give me a shock everytime i step out of the car? (mobile363)

lmao, never heard of that before. Id check your battery wiring, something could be massively ****ed up. Or you could just be wierd.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Re: (AndyPoth)

Yes I'm lurking in a neighboring forum... my Fox zaps me too every time I get out. Thought maybe it was the seat covers...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Re: (Tjax)

mine does it all the time..... its the whole static electricity thing going on...... kinda like when u walk w/ some socks accross carpet and then touch something...... its like that only ur rubbin ur butt across the seat while u drive..... then when u get out and ground urself..... u get shocked....
ps-make sure u ground urself BEFORE u touch the gas handle and no probs........

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: (gtidubboy)

It is recaros, well... mostly, base seats can do it too. But Recaro's and other non-leather, well made (thus well-surrounding seats) grip your body better and thus you build up static more and when you pull out of the car you build up all that static as you are pulling out and if you are not touching the car as you are doing it, you discharge as you shut the door and thus the spark. Check it out, if you hold a piece of metal the whole time you will not spark at all because you are grounding as you accumualate the charge. Also, if you do not believe me about it not having to do with your battery, disconnect it and try it (if you really wanna go so far), electricity does not work that way and you will be shocked the same way you always do.
All you have to do is remember to be barely touching something until you are fully out of your seat and you are clear. Also remember to do so before you pump your gas and you are fine. Enjoy!

(Edit : I didn't see the post right above mine, he pretty much summed most of this up there... hehe)

Modified by Wiggles at 12:38 AM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
20,571 Posts

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: why does my VW give me a shock everytime i step out of the car? (Eric D)

yeah it has to do with the tire not grounding the static electricity, some tiers are worse than the others. some manifactuers put, i believe i read about goodyear, imbedded a tiny strip of a certain material to touch the gournd through the tire to lessen the shock, as the compound the rest of the tire was made out of was quite... shocking.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Re: why does my VW give me a shock everytime i step out of the car? (The_Hamster)

yeah i get shocked almost every time i step out of my car as well. I thought it was just me, but i talked to other people i know with older dubs, and they said the same thing. Freakin' weird
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Re: why does my VW give me a shock everytime i step out of the car? (mk2Dreamin)

i have the same issue with the fox.... never the corrado though

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Re: why does my VW give me a shock everytime i step out of the car? (GotEuroCorrado)

i use to have that same problem too, it would also cause me to shock my girl when i give her a kiss goodbye

Modified by lionheart at 1:44 AM 5-24-2004

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Re: why does my VW give me a shock everytime i step out of the car? (lionheart)

Quote, originally posted by lionheart »
i use to have that some problem too, it would also cause me to shock my girl when i give her a kiss goodbye

hey at least you could say that the 2 of u always had that "spark" between you.....

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Re: why does my VW give me a shock everytime i step out of the car? (gtidubboy)

Quote, originally posted by gtidubboy »

hey at least you could say that the 2 of u always had that "spark" between you.....

This thread is retarded. HAHA

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Re: why does my VW give me a shock everytime i step out of the car? (DUBBINandLOVIN)

My Taurus does it all the time too. Its a shocking experience AHahahahha...yeah

Modified by Aaron_91 at 8:15 PM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just hold on to like the top of the door (or any other metal) while getting out of your car and your fine.
I've heard that you can rubb your seats with "rinsing agent/fluid" pr what it's called. You know the liquid you pour into your washing machine to make your clothes soft and sh*t. Rubb that into your seats and the static electricity should disapear. Just what I've heard, but I'd go with holding on the the metal on the door while getting out of your car.
//Lorentz

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
i get a mean ass zap from my a3...only when its a good temp outside....not too hot and not too cold...prolly the weather

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
my girlfriends car does that to me sometimes, never that bad though...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts