VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on their website saying their stage1 kit pushes 180-200hp for under $1,800 and atp has their stage2 kit at 200hp for $3000? I know the stage 2 has an intercooler which might affect the total cost but I wonder how come teampsi's stage1 have so much more power? Is it because atp set their nonintercooled stage1 at a lower psi from the factory? If you add an intercooler u can push the atp stage1 too 200hp just as well by increasing the boost (sicne their turbo can go up to 22psi) right?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Re: why does teampsi have... (87GolfKart)

figure are to the crank and not the wheels

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]on their website saying their stage1 kit pushes 180-200hp for under $1,800 and atp has their stage2 kit at 200hp for $3000[HR][/HR]​
I don't have any direct dealings with TeamPSI, but from what peopel around here say, you might pay 1800 for their stage 1 kit, but end pushing 115 HP.
If you screw someone over, the forums are brutal, and it seems that TeamPSI has screwed at least a few people over. With ATP you will at least get your kit.
Also, I would expect the ATP figures to be realistic and based on actual dyno results. It's possible that the TeamPSI figures are just estimates. Can't say.
-Steve

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Re: why does teampsi have... (Stephen Webb)

not to do witha turbo setup....but Q from team psi screwed me over on a deal.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts

Both Kits will make the same hp if the turbo and boost is the same. Ive used both and there is no advantage of one over the other. But for Value and good customer service go with ATP. And the Team Psi wont make 200 hp with out an intercooler unless you are using some race gas to combat detonation.Its a lot more to do with fueling a good cool charge. My car is making 180+ to the wheels.Well no i have a blown motor so now its making nothing

·
Registered
7,265 Posts

Don't believe any advertised whp ratings. They don't mean a damn thing when you get everything on the car. Look at what you get on the car. i was able to buy the "stage 2?" or whatever, and did 242 whp for a while, until I took the system off, at my own fault.
I think ATP's stuff is more complete, and will set you up to go above and beyond what you get in the box. I'm now using the same kit $3600 kit, for a motor that will take alot of boost when it is in the car.
Team PSI's kit is for whatever whp they want you to believe. 8v turbo's kit will get you similar #'s, but buy pistons, stand alone engine management, fuyel system upgrades, and get ready to run 25 psi.

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
Re: why does teampsi have... (troze1200)

stages dont mean crap!
what the heck is stage 1 anyways? whats stage 2? whats stage 3??
how do you know what i say is stage one is not your stage 3?
atp does not even mention "stages" on thier web site. Matrix has a stage 1, a stage 1+, a stage 2.....

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
Re: why does teampsi have... (oneflygti)

well, still, its not common nomenclature.
ps-atp's stages are new, thier new site is updated regularly now!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: why does teampsi have... (speed51133)

quote:[HR][/HR]ps-atp's stages are new, thier new site is updated regularly now![HR][/HR]​
so that makes "stages" suddenly allright?
stages are for one company...not something to be compared company to company.
Most importantly, you should talk to the people who develop these stages and find out exactly whats going on in these kits...compare one company and their included products to another company and the products they indlude...not just the name "stage1" "stage2" and so on...do a bit of work...it will make you a better person!

[Modified by oneflygti, 12:21 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
10,813 Posts

yea quint from teampsi was a total dick to my friend...they did a trade 2 momo's and 300 bucks for a spearco intercooler and all piping..neadless to say he got 2 pipes for the piping and never answered my frinds phone calls or emails...dont do business with this a$$

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

i agree with speed that stage don't mean nothing...in term of the mechanic of turbocharging...however, i think it simplifies the way for the seller to sell to the consumer by classifying (bracket) what price can get u what amount of hardware that can achieve up to what hp before you need more upgrades...so let say if you have $1800, then you can only afford a stage1, which have only the hardware that is capable of handling up to 170hp safely right out of the box...this serves as a starting point for stage2 which adds an intercooler and whatever other stuff there is for another additional increase in HP...and so on...it simplifies the whole turbo-ing for those who aren't that hardcore about the nitty gritty mechanic of it but wants some extra power

1 - 14 of 14 Posts