VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, about 2 or 3 months ago I was backing out of a parking lot and another guy was backing out at the same time and we backed into each other. It wouldn't have been so bad had he had a back bumper on his pickup and not just the steel brackets to mount one. So it poked nice hole in my bumper. So I took it to a shop and paid $300 to get it fixed. Then tonight, I'm backing out of this same parking lot and for some reason there was couple of cinder blocks laying around that I didn't see and backed right into them and scratch my bunper up in almost the identical spot. It sucks, but it won't cost nearly that much I don't think. So anyway, just thought I would share my unfortunate incident with you all!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: Why I gotz ta be backin into stuff? (A3Jettaboy)

sux bro, just look in that shiney thing in the top-center of your front windshield and it should show you in advance of wahts behind you http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif haha no i'm playin, once i left my old 5.0 gt in first gear in my driveway and i forgot when i started it caz i usually jus pull the e-brake at home and i slammed out the bottom panel of my garage so BEAT THAT. and i sardine-canned the hood on my original mustang caz i was waving goodbye to some cute lil girlies on the road and i drove under a dodge ram. haha i could go on for a while...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Re: Why I gotz ta be backin into stuff? (AFGriffVR6)

hahha I backed into a truck yesterday backing outta the parking spot none the less- it sucks. The steel bumper tour up my right rear light and trunk and 1/4 panel.. trying to find used parts if possible but god is it going to suck for insurance

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Re: Why I gotz ta be backin into stuff? (DaveNY)

In my Honda Del Sol, I drove right over one of those 4 inch concrete parking space dividers.. Didn't even see it was there...
Luckily I didn't tear anything up that I know about
Thankfully I sold that car soon after, and joined the cult of dub!

I have backed into a lot of things in my life... dumpsters, snowbanks, other cars, etc etc...

·
Banned
2,641 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Then tonight, I'm backing out of this same parking lot and for some reason there was couple of cinder blocks laying around that I didn't see and backed right into them and scratch my bunper up in almost the identical spot. [HR][/HR]​
hell go to the front desk of the building (call the manager) and have them pay for the car if it is their fault leaving crap around.....

·
Registered
9,035 Posts

I've run over more curbs like that, it's a good think I'm not lowered. Especially if it's been snowing, because you see a pile of snow and think it's nothing more, low and behold a sneaky parking lot seperating curb lurks underneath...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.