VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come everytime I say I own a Volkswagen, people ask if I have a Jetta? Is that the only ****uar VW? The Jetta and the beetle? Today, I showed a group of people today, my friends, who know nothing about cars and think Japanese cars are fast. But all of them said "Man thats a nice Jetta" I thought everyone knew the difference between a golf and a jetta. I even said its a GTi, and they kept on going on how its a Jetta. Oh yeah, they always asume its a Diesel too. I guess VW's the car that nobody knows of or cares about except enthusiasts or people that just know **** all about cars in general.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: Why is it that... (ValveCoverGasket)

Why diesel? because VW perfected it and it's one and the only brand that sells cars with diesel in NA.
Secondly i think that even a dumbest blonde knows what a VW Bug is
As for the Golf and Jetta If i wasnt into cars at all I would probably say Golf (most known hatchback in the world)

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
Re: Why is it that... (VWA2MKII)

Actually its the opposite for me. Everytime I say I own a Volkswagen they ask if it's a bug....and when I tell them a golf they still think its a bug
Then when they see if theyre shocked that its not a bug

·
Registered
39,340 Posts
Re: Why is it that... (IntrstlarOvrdrve)

we were at the race track, and the announcer says 'up next is an old VW Bug!'
we were in scotts 12 second 84 GTi...

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: Why is it that... (VegasJetta)

benz sells some diesels, and has sold many in the past. other manufactuers have diesel slated to come out soon, such as Jeep in their liberty if i recall correctly.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Re: Why is it that... (Broke)

Quote, originally posted by Broke »

Did you say VW is the only Diesel brand in North America?
Broke

I thought he was going for "Naturally Aspirated"
But who knows?

·
Banned
4,402 Posts

just be happy that they dont say "nice civic"... was talking to a guy and he said refering go my friends gti "he should upgrade the exhaust (fart can) on his civic"

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

i guess its a good thing u dont have a corrado then, b/c w/ friends like that who knows what they'd be callling it......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts