VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned the seats with Lexol cleaner once then applied the lexol conditioner. The seats get sort of dry looking so I apply more conditioner and the seats only get dryer looking after each subsequent application. I was using the VW (eagle one) cleaner and conditioner and it didn't cause anything remotely like this.
I thought it was supposed to be a good product, it looked like it at first but now I'm worrying that the seats will crack when someone sits down.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Re: Why is lexol conditioner drying my seats? (ericthebikeman)

assuming you have leather seats, right? Just buy a bottle of 303 protectant (available at most auto stores) and you will have the best looking seats & vinyl dash ever. The best $5 spent, look no further.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Why is lexol conditioner drying my seats? (okanagan45)

Quote, originally posted by okanagan45 »
assuming you have leather seats, right? Just buy a bottle of 303 protectant (available at most auto stores) and you will have the best looking seats & vinyl dash ever. The best $5 spent, look no further.

I was using it, It works pretty good but it doesn't affect the drying of the leather.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts

I was just wondering if your following the directions .. Also sometimes leather is left too long before its taken care of and its a struggle. 303 is a UV protector and dressing made more for synthetics and its not a rejuvinator so I don't know if it will do any good.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Why is lexol conditioner drying my seats? (Jesstzn)

Quote, originally posted by Jesstzn »
I was just wondering if your following the directions .. Also sometimes leather is left too long before its taken care of and its a struggle. 303 is a UV protector and dressing made more for synthetics and its not a rejuvinator so I don't know if it will do any good.

I followed the how-to someone posted a couple months ago, unsatisfied I went to the directions on the back of the bottle. I use a terry cloth applicator, wipe it on wait for it to absorb a bit then wipe again. I repeat this until it no longer absorbs then I let it sit for a half an hour to let it soak in. I use a terry cloth towel to wipe off the excess then I spray and wipe on 303 to keep the sun out.
The seats were in good condition before, I've used leather conditioner on it pretty religiously and people have been seated in the back fewer times than I have fingers.
It just seems like the seats are on deaths door after I started using lexol.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts

There is a possibility the 303 is reacting with the Lexol .. Like i said before I think 303 was formulated to treat synthetics .. All I have used on my leater seats is a Wollite solution to wipedown and clean and either the VW leather conditioner or one I have called The Tannery. and I have had no problems.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Re: Why is lexol conditioner drying my seats? (Jesstzn)

Quote, originally posted by Jesstzn »
I think 303 was formulated to treat synthetics .

Exactly, it states this on the bottle, and it also says it is good for finished leather, which is synthetic (plastic basically) treated on the surface. This is the surface you touch and feel, this is the surface we want clean, supple, and protected. As "Jesstzen" said above, clean seats and apply your favorite protectant (mine is 303) and don't mix brands, your seats should look excellent, as mine always do with minimum care.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts