VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, VW Vortex is testing a beta feature for signatures. By clicking this link, you'll be able to add a visual list of things you own to display to other members. This test is still in the early stages and very limited, but it will allow you to make your sig more dynamic and useful. Shoot us a PM to provide your feedback.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHY IS MY CAR THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!?????

I WILL TRY THIS AGAIN.....I have a 2001 1.8t GTI. The car is chipped with an upsolute chip, forge DV, and Remus Exhaust. NOW... The problem I am having is that my car for the past several months since this past fall, has be going into limp mode when ever it wants. But most of all it happens most when I'm on the Highway and have to downshift or slow down. It doesn't always go into limp mode , but it does at least once a drive. When I turn my car off while i'm driving it and back on, it will start to work again. It makes me think that it has something to do with a bad boost sensor or maybe even a bad ECU. Maybe its the ECU for the throttle and clutch. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS EVER HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM AND HOW IT CAN BE FIXED BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Re: WHY IS MY CAR THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!????? (vdubrocket)

I have the same problem, it occurs when yours does also. It only happens to me when I run with a dv. When I use my bov I unplug my maf and it never happens. So I'm assuming the maf has something to do with it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: WHY IS MY CAR THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!????? (ntrldub)

WERE GETTING THERE BUT KEEP THOSE REPLYS COMING! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
297 Posts

your car is running too rich, or lean.. whatever means not enough fuel..
same happened to mine, and i changed fuel pressure regulators, and fixed it...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: WHY IS MY CAR THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!????? (FattyPerformance)

SO HOW WOULD I CHANGE MY FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR? PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THATS THE PROBLEM.

·
Registered
297 Posts

i'm 99% sure thats the problem.. get a 4-bar fuel pressure reg. and swap it with the 3-bar stock one... I'm not good at describing how to do things, but I'm sure someone on here could be abel to tell you...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: WHY IS MY CAR THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!????? (Zeedubya1.8T)

no but i don't have any mod's done to the intake at all. i here that is what makes that problem appear. Of course i could be wrong the problem is, that there is never a check enegine light on when it goes off.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Re: WHY IS MY CAR THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!????? (Zeedubya1.8T)

When you say that you've tried "everything", what exactly have you tried?
Oh and you might want to turn off the Caps lock, posts have been locked for using all caps. (It's in the user agreement)
-Erik

·
Banned
140 Posts
Re: WHY IS MY CAR THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!????? (vw_fiend)

Easy solution get hold of someone with a Vag-Com and see what the error code is.
I would say it is the DV, do you have the Forge with the blue plastic piston or the new Alu piston, if it the blue one call stratmosphere and get the upgrade its free and the solution, I had the same problem with mine.
Just my thought.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Re: WHY IS MY CAR THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!????? (FYGTBUG3)

quote:[HR][/HR]Easy solution get hold of someone with a Vag-Com and see what the error code is.
I would say it is the DV, do you have the Forge with the blue plastic piston or the new Alu piston, if it the blue one call stratmosphere and get the upgrade its free and the solution, I had the same problem with mine.
Just my thought.[HR][/HR]​
Who should I talk to for the piston upgrade? and what is their number??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: WHY IS MY CAR THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!????? (trbogolf)

yeah same here who should i talk to about the piston and the number please!? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
501 Posts

The same thing happens to me, at least I think it is the same thing...
Very similar symptoms, when then causes my EPS light to come on. When it's on, the car is much weaker. When it turns off (which can pretty much occur at any time), it's back to full power again.
Oddly, I have a 4bar FPR, instead fo the stock 3bar.

·
Registered
16 Posts

My 2001 beetle had the same problem, the dealship kept telling me there was nothing wrong, finally I got them to fix her and yes they had to replace both of the ecu's in the car. You are not the first person that I have been told this is happening to you.
they will fix you car when the ecu's blow up, so good luck, when this happened my car caught on fire. Good Luck

·
Registered
16 Posts

If you have this problem please help us all my calling the customer service number in the back of your owner manual and help us all my letting volkswagen of america know what is going on with all of out 1.8t engines.
this is just not happening in certain cars it is the ecu's in the car and yes there is two. I have had both of them replaced and all of my problem have dissapered.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.