VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am SO ANGRY!
I'm going to my local vw dealership tommorow to pick up my car and pay for it, In CT. i'm moving to florida in aug, and i'm all set up with an apartment and everything, so i'm registering the car in FL doing ins in fl because my Drivers lisence is in FL. but i wont even get to drive it off the lot tomm. yanno why? because my vw dealership "can't" register the car in FL. I have to do it. they don't want to be liable for unpaid CT taxes and some other BS. i even have a plate! but CT DMV won't issue a temp tag since i'm a FL resident. so tommorow after i get the title and vin verification and the bill of sale, I have to sent everything plus the taxes for my town (winter park, FL) on the car so they can transfer my plate to the new car. and this is the second time i've done this, but at least the last time I did this, I bought the car from someone small time (a local mechanic) so that was acceptable.
so I ask: Why can't my local VW dealership F***ing do this Sh*t for me? my mom's last two toyotas bought in CT were registered the SAME DAY BY THE CT DEALER IN FLORIDA!!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Re: why is registering a car in another state such a pain in the ass, and why do I hav ... (WPJetta)

Welcome to the grown-up world. Sometimes things are not fair.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Re: why is registering a car in another state such a pain in the ass, and why do I hav ... (WPJetta)

IS that something Fla specific? I am in NJ and bought a car from a dealer in VA. I called my insurance company a few days prior, they faxed me proof of insurance. When I went to the dealer I paid the taxes on the car, showed proof of insuranse. They gave me temp tags and I drove home.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts

Hrmm...What dealership? My roommate got his GLI at Langan and registered it in FL with no issues.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: why is registering a car in another state such a pain in the ass, and why do I hav ... (TimboAA)

well the paperwork I sent in today went of without a hitch unlike last time. except I don't actually have a physical registration, the car is registered and the plate is right. so the title and reg are on their way and should be tomm (FL said to prepay an overnight envelope, they're smart cookies!)
it's just the fact that langan did nothing in the way of just copying some forms.
which langan though... I went to the one in glastonbury, which is the one gene langan actually works at most of the time because he lives in gbury.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts