VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
14,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going across Lawrence between Mt. Pleasant and Bayview on Saturday afternoon. Was leading a bunch of cars when I saw a cop sitting there with a radar gun. I was for sure doing at least 80 km/h in a 50km/h zone. And I was the lead car but he didn't pull me over.
Was I just lucky?

·
Registered
13,899 Posts
Re: Why no ticket? (hawc)

quote:[HR][/HR]Going across Lawrence between Mt. Pleasant and Bayview on Saturday afternoon. Was leading a bunch of cars when I saw a cop sitting there with a radar gun. I was for sure doing at least 80 km/h in a 50km/h zone. And I was the lead car but he didn't pull me over.
Was I just lucky? [HR][/HR]​
Bud, you know better than to speed there!!!
The same thing happened to me last weekend on southbound bayview, just south of steeles.

·
Banned
14,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Why no ticket? (Preppy)

quote:[HR][/HR]Bud, you know better than to speed there!!![HR][/HR]​
Heh. Heh. I know. I know.
There's always a speed trap there. But I just though screw it, maybe there won't be one there today, and it was such a beautiful morning and all.
And then bam!
Cop sitting right there in his cruiser with the speed gun pointed right at me.
I was already getting my excuse ready in my head, but he didn't pull me over.
I guess by the time you see them, it's too late anyway.

·
Banned
14,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Why no ticket? (VW_Fluke_Ster)

quote:[HR][/HR]Maybe the cop was busy eating donuts [HR][/HR]​
Maybe he was in awe of my new GTI grill badge. He was like, "Wow I didn't know they made 337s in black? Oh no wait, that's a normal GTI with a 337 grill badge, hey I think he's going a bit fast, oh too late, oh well I'll nail that Dodge Caravan behind him instead."

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

ya, u were definitely lucky man... same thing happened to me when i was driving my cousin to his wedding... going a little too fast going over a bridge and bam.. got nailed with the radar gun... the cop was nice and let us go though cuz we told him we were late for the wedding!!
His fiance wasn't too happy though because she passed by us as we were pulled over to the side... just a little more stress to add for her on her big day!!

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Re: Why no ticket? (Crunch007)

His fiance wasn't too happy though because she passed by us as we were pulled over to the side... just a little more stress to add for her on her big day!! [/QUOTE]
lol nice that kind of sounds like me flying behind the just married car with the other grooms and the just married sign flew off the car and it hit the car then i ran it over my sister was so pissed at me i was like no big deal it is only your wedding day

·
Registered
6,256 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Maybe the cop was busy eating donuts
Maybe he was in awe of my new GTI grill badge. He was like, "Wow I didn't know they made 337s in black? Oh no wait, that's a normal GTI with a 337 grill badge, hey I think he's going a bit fast, oh too late, oh well I'll nail that Dodge Caravan behind him instead."
[HR][/HR]​
I'm damned near positive that is what he was thinking.

If you know there is always a speed trap setup there, AND it was one of the first nice days of year? You should definately know better.

·
Banned
314 Posts
Re: Why no ticket? (Mooz!)

Maybe he figured somebody doing a faster speed would be more worthwhile pulling over.
Or maybe our tax dollars are hard at work while he was napping.
A cop went to pull me over for doing 30km over last week and got stuck in the snow bank he was sitting in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.