VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Man Im glad that this post was started. I was actually thinking about turbocharging my PG and ditching the Lysholm. But reading this just made me that much more in love with the Lysholm.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

· Registered
224 Posts
Billet Pulleys

For awhile now I been contemplating on purchasing Gruvenparts billet lightweight pulleys. As this was to help put less strain on the Lysholm as well as decreasing the parasitic drain it takes on the engine power to spin it and increasing overall engine efficiency. I been reading this forum and havent seen much praising on this subject, so is it just a complete waste of money to do so? Will it even help enough for me to tell a difference in rev climbs or any other factor?

I really need to slam a 16v on her :banghead:

-Mark

· Registered
224 Posts
I had the ECS tuning light weight underdrive crank and power steering pillows on my car for over two years with no issues so today I replaced those along with the stock belt tensioner, alternator and water pump pillows with the complete 5 light weight pulley set from Gruven parts :D and I'm very happy with it so far

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
How is the performance on the car since the lightweight pulleys installed? Im just really looking for increased rev climbs in the low to mid rpms. Do those pulleys work well enough to make my smile larger? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Or is it a small increase and a buzzkill? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Mark

· Registered
224 Posts
I really like it. I live in downtown and was just at a club close bye and hit it all the way home and I still have a smile on my face but its just the first day to quick to judge ill keep in touch and let you know a little later on what I still think about them. The price for them is steep I will admit that but ill let you know if it was even worth spending all that money for this modification

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
Sounds good so far man, let me know how things turn out. Very anxious to buy some but scared the performance wont be an even trade off.

· Registered
224 Posts
the lysholm charger is very reliable. don't over rev it and you wont have any problems. by over revv i mean peak and continuous revs. the lysholm is so loud because it is gear timed. same reason a straight cut gear transmission is loud. well the lysholm is excessively loud because it's designed to have the throttle body before the intake of the charger, basically this is what the BBM silencer kit does. it puts the TB before the charger's intake.
Yeah I dont plan on over revving her. I never hit bottom of red line nor do I rev at 7k. I normally shift at about 6200 or sooner, no point revving further. I just need that low to mid rev climb speed. I may purchase a silencer kit one day, for now Im still in love with that whine. :thumbup:

· Registered
224 Posts
Damn that new supercharger unit looks so damn sexy :eek::eek::eek:

Is it possible for you to post a side by side comparison of the technical specifications of this new unit with the "old" Autorotor SR 2087? Max air flow, achievable engine output, compression, etc, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.