VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
when i took the original charger out at 185k, it still put out 4 psi but the innard were destroyed and ready to come apart. i could see the apex seals hanging out on the inlet.

put a stock rebuild with a 68mm and it can almost fry the tires in 2nd gear.

id like to go with something aftermarket but the g60 fits from the factory and can still be upgraded if i wanted to.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
ive heard running more boost can also be a bad thing if you can't support the airflow and if the intercooler can't handle the additional airflow.

right now im on a fully built motor, ported head, euroboost tubes but stock intercooler, stock rebuilt glader and a 68mm pulley.

i want it to burn the tires in 2nd and right now they only spin when the tires gets light. ive debated on going to a smaller pulley but id like to find power elsewhere considering im not even properly tuned yet, just chipped. methanol injection has crossed my mind but an intercooler is ALWAYS there.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
This was a great read. Lots of info just dropped in from no where. In my opinion. After owning a few turbo boosted cars and then buying a g60. I don't really see how you all even argued with this guy. A turbo is a very crude way of forcing air....hot air at that and most know that every 10° drop in intake temp equals about 1 up. Along with that no turbo has been made to "fix" lag. They will always have lag. Why do you think large trucks use a turbo and not a SC. It would be instant power and **** would then snap. Its really not that hard to think about. Yes a turbo will spool much faster and in the end force a higher psi. But its not instant power and a SC is close. Ill be one to say I think its rude andtacky to take a SC platform car and slap in a bunch of bent pipes. Blow off valve and a turbo. Its a corrado guys. Not a Integra.:banghead:
i don't know if it is my setup but i have lag on my build. i was pretty conservative on the port work too. at 3500, it RIPS...like it rips so hard itll break the tires loose in 2nd gear. 68mm stock unported charger too lol.

however the next motor will be 1.8t

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
if we are talking about the stock chips, yes they are very prone to the lag and it gets worse if you start doing mods. yes i will agree a good program will help to keep the system from the dreaded lag. an improper tune for what combination you are running will most certainly magnify this. however most every Corrado G60 that I have worked on in my shop had the dreaded lag from issues in the system making the ecu go into, lag, rich or lean mode. so yes in away my comment was right and also wrong. curing a car with other issues that are making it lag with a chip, don't think so!
bbm stage 4, been tempted on calling BBM and see if they can alter the chip for my 9:1 compression pistons because the stock tune is supposed to accommodate the stock compression. its already running lean at cruise (confirmed with wideband)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.