VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Re: Why only scrirocco 16v for swap??? whats the deal? (VR6Bomber)

you can swap any motor your heart desires, just how much money and time do you have? 16v scirocco's a good swap b/c you have a downpipe that fits easily and the intake manifold keeps the airbox on the drivers side. i've seen alot of aba swaps lately so they can't be that hard (and me likey!)

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Re: Why only scrirocco 16v for swap??? whats the deal? (VR6Bomber)

IMO a 'rocco makes the best donor for a 16v rabbit because you not only get the easier motor/trans swap( injection on the same side,so no fuel line butchery,and the manifold/downpipe bolts right up) but because you can use more of the donor car,IE brakes,booster/master cylinder,pedal cluster,lots of little parts,even the wiring harness if you need it. I'm doing a 16v caddy now,and I'm gonna need ALL that stuff,so I bought a 'rocco parts car. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
300 Posts
Re: Why only scrirocco 16v for swap??? whats the deal? (buckolaci)

I just did one about 2 months ago. You'll need; the full engine (obviously), the 2 ECU boxes, wire harnesses, waterpump, alternator (90 amp preferably), the bracket that holds the alternator, the waterpump housing, radiator, all hoses (vacum & coolent) w/ coolent resivore, airbox with fuel distributer on top, injectors, injector lines, distributer, distributer cap and rotor, plug wires, intake manifold, plastic intake tube (runs from top of airbox to intake), the throttle cable from the scirocco, throttle body, oil outlet (piece oil filter screws into) exhaust maniflod, O2 sensor, full exhuast (if you want to keep it at 2", you could probably leave it with the GTI stock if you had to but I wouldn't, might as well get TT 2.25" its nice. Recomend ditching the ac if the donor has it. Scirocco is way easier than a GTI 16v, you don't have to reroute the fuel lines, or air intake, everything remains pretty much in the exact same place. I believe thats it. The only things that stay under the hood are; mabey the tranny if you decide to keep you old one (but the scirocco one prob has less miles and is still a close ratio), the shift linkage, the brake resivore, master cylinder, brake booster and the CV axles. Everything else goes. Be sure to take pics and lable everything piece by piece. Nice digital ones are convienient cause then you can zoom in on small things you may have forgoten about. I'd deffinitely recomend a parts car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.