VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It said on the speedtv.com website, and on my cable guide, that it was on sat the 14th at 2pm. WTF!!! Nascar Trucks were on!!!

Is it because all the manufacturer's pulled out, so there is no advertising for the program?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Re: Why wasn't Sno*Drift on TV yesterday? (Schnell-Corrado)

I am guessing it is because no one was willing to pay SPEED to televise it. Was it even taped? I saw it in the schedule and tuned in too. Then I wend out to the shop. I hate NASCAR (the WWF of motorsports).

·
Registered
338 Posts
Re: Why wasn't Sno*Drift on TV yesterday? (wclark)

Hhahaha the WWF of motorsports...that's a good one. I need to order SPEED....soon.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Re: Why wasn't Sno*Drift on TV yesterday? (Hexx)

It was taped. Speed was at Sno*Drift....
The rumor is it will be aired later in March...
They just recently found the funding to air it.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Re: Why wasn't Sno*Drift on TV yesterday? (TurboC)

What a train wreak having the factories pull out all at once...
Get those sponsor letters prinint cause they will have to spend some money on privates this year...
Mark Brown did fininsh and collect some great points in a rental.
That event looked tougher than ever this year.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Why wasn't Sno*Drift on TV yesterday? (Banned-4-Life)

ya, they were taping at the rally for sure. That's why I was so pissed to see it get canceled. If anyone finds out when it is, please post to let us know!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hello All,
I am new to this forum, but I have some good news about Sno*Drift...
I am the co-driver for ClubRally Car 590 (Gp2 Chevy Cavalier) and we competed at Sno*Drift this year, unfortunately, we encountered too many snow banks
There was a crew of people (approximately 12) who video taped the entire event (all pro and club rallyers) from just about every single stage. The crew consisted of several amateur film makers from across the nation, and they are going to edit the footage and sell a DVD of the event for very little $. A trailer of the video will be available this week (at least that is what I am told). They are planning on posting the trailer on the Rally America homepage (rally-america.com) and then to follow, on the Rally TV homepage. Rally TV is the name of the group doing the filming, and their homepage has not yet been created.
As soon as I find out some more information with regards to this, I will let you know. I know the founder of this crew (John Cirisan, Gp2 ClubRally Car 595 VW golf), and he keeps me updated with everything. As for now, I am going to get back to working on my Gp5 325i Clubrally Car. Yeah, it's kinda like that .....
-Scott
1997 M3 Coupe
1990 325i Rally Car
1984 318i

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Why wasn't Sno*Drift on TV yesterday? (325irallyguy)

awesome http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
keep us posted http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts

I just talked to the guy that is heading up the RallyTV efforts and he said that they are expecting the film to be done by the end of this month. He wasn't sure if they were going to produce a trailer video or not, since it would take away efforts from getting the real thing done...
To keep you guys in touch with video footage from the event, there is a website that has some footage from quite a few stages, but it is amateur footage:
http://www.rallymovies.com
You can view just about every car on all of the stages that had spectator points. So I hope that keeps you guys fed for now...
-325irallyguy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts