VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still talking about my in-the-process-of-being-checked-out newly-purchased 93 corrado. Dome light, lighter, sunroof, etc., didn't work. When first checked out, they found a fuse blown, replaced it, found light, sunroof, lighter to work fine, then fuse blew again (didn't say it related to any particular action). So they say they will just have to poke around until they figure out the wiring problem. Might take hours and be expensive. Any suggestions?
db

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Re: why would dome/lighter/sunroof fuse blow? (Dodie Butler)

Go to Sears and buy a $25 multi meter and check out the wiring your self. Good way to get aquainted w/ your new C. Welcome

I've seen one crazy thing that could cause that. I friend of mine had a penny lodged in his lighter socket that sometimes caused a short. If the sunroof motor is working too hard to operate that could pop the fuse. Unplug the sunroof and dome light to isolate the lighter and replace the fuse. If it doesn't blow try it with the dome light only, and then the sunroof only. This should point out the culptit w/o too much trouble.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Re: why would dome/lighter/sunroof fuse blow? (Dodie Butler)

i suggest you search for yourself - it could take a while and be costly if you have someone else do it.
I've found a few shorts in my car - one was a wire that the previous owner left live and loose from a stereo de-install - another was the wire in the passenger visor that was worn out from the visor flipping up and down. For me it usually tends to be a worn out wire at a joint such as doors, visors, etc.
Mike
94 Corrado

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.