VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Re: wide body Golf (Rob Vila)

quote:[HR][/HR]That better be more than an 8v.
[HR][/HR]​
well, it could just be an autox monster
but the front looks wider than the rear

and it's not a golf...

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Re: wide body Golf (FiveAinOne)

Actually I think that is a golf with a custom convertible top. It looks too damn big to be a cabriolet. Besides look at the hinges for the top, they don't look like that on the rabbits.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Re: wide body Golf (JoeandhisMachine)

Just a wabbit with a functional Reiger body kit (assuming that little wabbit has enough power to turn those wheels
)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: wide body Golf (JoeandhisMachine)

Yes, obviously its a 80 Rabbit Covertible, technically its not a Golf, but I just made a habit of calling every A1 or A2 car I see as a Golf, after all our cars did orginate from the A1 chassis, which are now known as Volkswagen Golf or GTI.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: wide body Golf (Rob Vila)

quote:[HR][/HR]That better be more than an 8v.
[HR][/HR]​
I hope so too! So... are we gonna get any details about this car?

·
Registered
10,117 Posts
Re: wide body Golf (stevenorthrup33)

There's a car at a shop near here that has a custom body kit that was modeled off of the Rieger. It also has the guts to back up the outrageous looks: turbocharged, intercooled VR6 with all the usual bolt-on goodies.
The guy makes the kits himself out of impact foam and fiberglass, I think he sells them for $2000 Canadian for the entire kit.
Here's a crappy photo.

The car has changed a bit since the photo, the stickers are gone and he's got different wheels.

[Modified by Old school, 11:14 AM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Re: wide body Golf (Diamond Dave)

I love those Rabbit or GTI filler panels, but I think it would look even nicer if the badging were gone and just the filler panel let you know what you're following

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Re: wide body Golf (Syncronicity)

I like the wide body, the front bumper is very nice, well executed, but the hood scoops I don't know, they may be needed for intercoolers or something

1 - 16 of 16 Posts