VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always wondered what the air fuel ratio should look like when you have a wideband on CIS-E. My car is stock and runs pretty well and I believe this is exactly what you should see. I am leaving this is a reference just for anyone who gets a wideband and wonders what they should be seeing. Also if this isn't what you should be seeing I'd like to know :)
https://youtu.be/IMv3tQfUUa8

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
On the first pull, the value goes to 15 right before you say, off the throttle. Were you still WOT with a mixture of 15:1 or had you just started lifting off WOT? If you are 90% throttle then the WOT switch is not pressed and you should see 15.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
On the first pull, the value goes to 15 right before you say, off the throttle. Were you still WOT with a mixture of 15:1 or had you just started lifting off WOT? If you are 90% throttle then the WOT switch is not pressed and you should see 15.
Wow, good eye. I actually don't know but I see what you are saying. There are two distinctly different profiles between 99% and 'WOT switch engaged. I am going to try it. I believe it stays in the 13s and it was just my crappy narration but I need to check.
Edit: You were correct. At 95% throttle it is attempting to get to stoichiometry (14.7)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts