VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've noticed another sound coming from the engine bay when the car is in stop start mode and you are stopped and the engine shuts off...loud clicking sounds ...anyone else notice?
Not while it's in stop start, but there is a service bulletin that some cars have a defective bolt holding the fuel line in place that rattles. Mine was replaced.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've noticed another sound coming from the engine bay when the car is in stop start mode and you are stopped and the engine shuts off...loud clicking sounds ...anyone else notice?
Try this: switch the A/C off (blower can remain on, just not A/C), drive a little, then come to a stop with auto stop engaging. Do you still hear it?
If it's what I'm thinking, it's the A/C releasing pressure of sorts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same

I've been an owner of my new 2019 Jetta SE for about two weeks.. I've noticed something strange though that idk if anyone else might have with there vehicles as well. Starting my car from 0mph to about 25mph to 35 mph I hear a wierd noise. Like I can hear the gears shift oddly.. I never had a 1.4t or even a new car period , so I ignored it thinking it can a feature for safety or so. But it bothers the heck out of me.. it feels as if the 2nd or 3rd gear shift makes this noise.. the performance isn't effected at all.. just this noise is wierd. Anybody out there have this issue at all?
I registered to reply to you and am glad I stumbled upon this great forum.

I was brought here after google searching “2019 Jetta sucking air noise when transmission...” Just bought a mint 2019 Jetta with 8k miles on. Have put about 1k miles on it and lately since driving with no music I also notice a strange noise sometimes when moderately accelerating, usually between 20-40mph in what I think has been the 3rd gear but like another poster mentioned could very well be 5th, I’m not sure yet. If “sucking air noise” didn’t work to find anything I was going to search “grinding noise” instead. It did make me feel a little concerned and I’ve been thinking about what to do. I went with a 19 Jetta for the longer powertrain warranty for extra peace of mind.

I really like the car otherwise.

I’m gonna go read the rest of the thread now :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
2016 GTI S DSG 5th through 6th grinding.

Although I traded my car in, I do have to mention that literally on the day of the trade in the car experienced unbelievably loud 5th and 6th gear whooshing/rattling sound while driving on the highway and switching between gears.

At 60,000 miles I started to experience this strange air sucking noise at around highway speeds but I didn't make much of it till a few years later at 90,000 miles above occurred. Needless to say when I had VW take a look they said all was fine and operated as normal even post DSG flush. Well, all I can say there is a definite issue and it does get a lot worse.

I recently read a clutch pack replacement might do it but at this point, I am in a Toyota and the car is out of my life sad but tis what it is.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Although I traded my car in, I do have to mention that literally on the day of the trade in the car experienced unbelievably loud 5th and 6th gear whooshing/rattling sound while driving on the highway and switching between gears.

At 60,000 miles I started to experience this strange air sucking noise at around highway speeds but I didn't make much of it till a few years later at 90,000 miles above occurred. Needless to say when I had VW take a look they said all was fine and operated as normal even post DSG flush. Well, all I can say there is a definite issue and it does get a lot worse.

I recently read a clutch pack replacement might do it but at this point, I am in a Toyota and the car is out of my life sad but tis what it is.
As yours was a GLI, with DSG, your issue is completely unrelated. The regular Jetta has an 8 speed automatic transmission, not a DSG. DSG is essentially an automated manual. The Jetta has traditional automatic, with 8 gears.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm literally sitting at the dealership as I write this. I have a 2019 Golf with a manual tranny. I have the same sucking/SHHHHH noise many have mentioned. Started happening at around 20K km (I'm at 30K now). I have been told it's the transmission converter and that it's a known issue. No TSB has been sent out because they don't know how to fix it. On the positive side, they say it's just a noise and there's no underlying defect or damage to car happening. Have to take them at there word.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm literally sitting at the dealership as I write this. I have a 2019 Golf with a manual tranny. I have the same sucking/SHHHHH noise many have mentioned. Started happening at around 20K km (I'm at 30K now). I have been told it's the transmission converter and that it's a known issue. No TSB has been sent out because they don't know how to fix it. On the positive side, they say it's just a noise and there's no underlying defect or damage to car happening. Have to take them at there word.
Wait, what's a "transmission converter" on a manual transmission?

81 - 88 of 88 Posts