VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay luckily this was some time ago, before she became my wife, and before I restored the car. You see, she was attending Univerity in Potchefstroom, which is about 72miles from Krugersdorp (where I live). Now to get to Krugersdorp you have to drive through Welverdiendt, Carletonville, Rodora and then you get Krugersdorp.
The FIRST time she drives it, she drives it from Potch to my place. In Carletonville she hits a drunken man! He was standing on the middleman of the road behind a mini sub, and as she was approaching, tried to jump over the car! To make matters worse, I was attending the South African Motor Show! She phones me in tears, says she just hit a man!

My flicker lens, wiper and grill(all brand new, replaced it 2 days before I gave the car to her), dashboard, bonnet and roof damaged! UNBELIEVABLE!
Here's some pics

Modified by poegie at 9:27 AM 10-29-2007

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: WIFE CRASHED MY CAR! (ratdub)

uhmm, they took him to hospital, but took to long to attend to him, he lost bloodflow to him leg, so they amputated his leg , it was broken in 5 places!
He learned the HARD way!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ouch. Nasty story. But it happens. Unfortunately for the poor guy our darn public hospitals suck.

I also nearly lost my Audi and someone nearly lost their life while I was heading down the R27 one night only to find this guy swaying around in the middle of the road. Swerved to miss him by a few centimeters and he just kept going. Completely comatose in his drunken state.
I don't think he got off that road alive that night.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
never let your significant other drive your car if she inst as crazy about it as you are!

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
Re: (bluejettank)

Quote, originally posted by bluejettank »
jeez...sounds like they need to manage their drunken bums there better

as long as you guys keep hitting them with cars, there wont be a problem.

is your wife ok?
-j

·
Registered
24,360 Posts
Re: (Muffler Bearing)

Quote, originally posted by Muffler Bearing »

as long as you guys keep hitting them with cars, there wont be a problem.

is your wife ok?
-j

but that isn't an efficient way in doing so...maybe a bulldoser or a 'cow catcher' on the front of a truck

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Re: WIFE CRASHED MY CAR! (poegie)

Now you take her car, find a really strong tree, eyeball the distance of maybe 40 yards, get a brick, put it on the gas pedal and plow it into a tree
and see if she likes it .. jk

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Re: WIFE CRASHED MY CAR! (poegie)

Quote, originally posted by poegie »
uhmm, they took him to hospital, but took to long to attend to him, he lost bloodflow to him leg, so they amputated his leg , it was broken in 5 places!
He learned the HARD way!

Ouch! Well he obviously won't be doing that again. Although I guess next time he'd have to hop in front of a car. If that had happened in the US he'd probably try and file a lawsuit against you and your wife.

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
Re: (ratdub)

Quote, originally posted by ratdub »

but that isn't an efficient way in doing so...maybe a bulldoser or a 'cow catcher' on the front of a truck

i think a cow catcher on the front of a truck would be best, dozers cant get going very fast... maybe a snowplow, or even better yet, a snow blower

-j

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was also amazed that the car didn't have more damage, good thing! BTW that guy tried to claim from the Road Accident Fund and they told him to buzz off! A case is automatically opened when you are involved in a accident, and then needs to be investigated. It happened Oct 2005.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.