VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get all the plans laid out for my project before i lay down cash on things I don't need. My question is, is there any way I can use the Mk3 VR6 fuel rail on my Mk4 VR6?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Re: Will a Mk3 VR6 fuel rail fit on a Mk4 VR6? (GTIRacerGuy)

i know the mk3 lower mani fits on the MK4 head, so most likely tegh spaing is the same and im sure you can use it

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Will a Mk3 VR6 fuel rail fit on a Mk4 VR6? (D Wiz)

okay, so theoretically if it fits, would I have to use a mk3 manifold also? I'd like to keep my motor as "mk4" looking as possible, but not at the sacrifice of a well running turbo kit

·
Registered
294 Posts

The MkIII fuel rail will not fit between the upper and lower half of the MkIV intake manifold with the MkIII injectors, AND the MkIII injectors will not fit into the MkIV injector seats of the lower MkIV manifold. In order to use the MkIII fuel rail you will have to also change to MkIII fuel injectors, and intake manifold. I am talking about a simple bolt-on fit here. If you were to do some major cutting and bending you may be able to get the MkIII fuel rail AND injectors to fit the MkIV manifold...maybe.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Will a Mk3 VR6 fuel rail fit on a Mk4 VR6? (sveda)

Okay, if keeping the Mk4 manifold is that much of a headache, I'd rather have the MkIII and just polish it
Now, my question changes. If I am running a mkIII manifold, will the dbw throttle body bolt up? And I assume the throttle body will be facing in the opposite direction now, correct?

·
Registered
294 Posts

The throttle body will not bolt directly. The bore or air passage diameter is the same but the bolt pattern and size is slightly different. You will need to make an adapter flange or "elongate" the holes. Hogging out the holes isn't very pretty, but I mounted my 1995 throttle body onto a 2000 manifold that way. And yes, the air intake will be on the opposite side of the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts