VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2.0 xflow swapped in an A2, wondering if I can get a dual downpipe from A2s to mate properly with the A3 manifold. They both have 6-bolt flanges but I don't want to find out they're spaced differently or there's interference after I take it apart.

·
Registered
10,647 Posts
Re: Will an A2 downpipe mate to an A3 manifold? (nicuss)

I think you need the longer A3 down pipe as the ABA is a taller block. the A2 will bolt up but i'm pretty sure its to short and will hit the shift tunnel. I'm doing this as well. Ill post pics when I reassemble the darn thing.
Dave

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Re: Will an A2 downpipe mate to an A3 manifold? (nicuss)

a gas station owner down the street used to race rabbits at summit point and whatnot, he had a slew of track prepped ones and rented them out as well. He had abas in alot of them and said that at the time (5 or 6 years ago) shine made a spacer or insert that you could use betweent he downpipes. Im not sure if they made a downpipe to fit or an actual spacer, you may want to check on them though. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: Will an A2 downpipe mate to an A3 manifold? (83Rabbit)

yes works perfect. i ran a tt race down pipe for an a2 that was bolted to a xflow, no prob.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Re: Will an A2 downpipe mate to an A3 manifold? (volksport1987)

Quote, originally posted by volksport1987 »
yes works perfect. i ran a tt race down pipe for an a2 that was bolted to a xflow, no prob.

Got any pics

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: Will an A2 downpipe mate to an A3 manifold? (bajan01)

sorry no, the car got destroyed
i do have a xflow swap in my car now, a 91gti. when i did the swap i just left the 91 downpipe and exhause in place and bolted the motor in i did not have any clearence issues. i latter swapped in the xflow dp because the i decided to run the bigger cat. that the a3 cars use. the only clearence issues that arise regarding xflow swaps is on a1 chassis. oh btw the xflow exhaust mani is longer than the a2 compinsating for the cm or so difference in the blocks.

·
Registered
10,647 Posts
Re: Will an A2 downpipe mate to an A3 manifold? (volksport1987)

Ah ha.. I didn't know that..I kney the had to make it up someplace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts