VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cosworth seems doomed to only do good in F1 with V8s. The DFV is still the winningest engine in F1 (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) and all sorts of their V8's kicked butt right up until the time V10s and V12's came along. By my count, only two races were ever won using Cosworth V10s. One by Jordan and the other by Stewart. I hope they return to what they used to be with V8s.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Re: Will cosworth V8's be the same as the last ones? (ProtegeProtected)

I don't think Cosworth really ever built bad engines...
I'm inclined to think that they were hampered much, much more by the underperforming chassis they were bolted into more than anything.
I do believe that the DFV is still in the top spot as far as race wins. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
569 Posts
Re: Will cosworth V8's be the same as the last ones? (veedub87)

Wasn't the DFV compettitive spanning thre decades? I havn't done my research, but I belive it was strong from the late Sixties until the Turbo Era. What do you mean by "the same as the last ones?" Prolonged competitiveness or basic architechture?

·
Registered
1 Posts
F1 is all about rule changes. Unforntunately Cosworth could not keep pace with Ferrari, McLaren-Mercedes, and the rest. With KK stepping it up for CCWS and V8's it's now up to Williams to take the opportunity of winning again. Oh yeah, does Tony G. wants some some Cosworth too?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Re: (RuSport00)

Yeah, what you said (accept for the part about Illmor outpacing Cossie), props to the ChampCar heavies (KK et all) for snapping up Cosworth, too bad they're (were) keeping Tony G's field diverse (Chevy badged Fords anyone?). Maybe next year too - Hyundia in the IRL?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Re: (jdouble)

Quote, originally posted by jdouble »
Yeah, what you said (accept for the part about Illmor outpacing Cossie), props to the ChampCar heavies (KK et all) for snapping up Cosworth, too bad they're (were) keeping Tony G's field diverse (Chevy badged Fords anyone?). Maybe next year too - Hyundia in the IRL?

ah yes, but that would make the champ car engines "Cosworths, badged by Ford, financed by Hyundai"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.