VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my airbag light is on for the airbags that are in the seats

I have an 04.5 GLI , but the Recaro interior isnt in it anymore, thus the airbag light

am I gonna have trouble getting my car inspected ?

· Registered
8,416 Posts
take the sensor, and wire the two wires together and light will go off.

· Registered
5,089 Posts
depends on your states laws.

ironically in PA as big of a deal as airbags are to safety its not a fail able part for safety inspection

· Registered
8,416 Posts
if he doesnt have airbags it would be hard for him to get hit in the face with one.

basically, look under the seat, find the plug and cut the connector off, twist the wires together. OR take a paper clip and make a U shape and just jam it in the plug
finally someone else that knows what i am talking about! its to ground the sensor off so itll turn off on ur dash.

· Registered
8,416 Posts
if he doesnt have airbags it would be hard for him to get hit in the face with one.

basically, look under the seat, find the plug and cut the connector off, twist the wires together. OR take a paper clip and make a U shape and just jam it in the plug
dont forget when ur done use electrical tape so u dont have exposed wires or paper clip haha

· Registered
8,416 Posts
my airbag light is on for the airbags that are in the seats

I have an 04.5 GLI , but the Recaro interior isnt in it anymore, thus the airbag light

am I gonna have trouble getting my car inspected ?
im only over in kingston if u need help ya know

· Registered
8,416 Posts
oh good to know..soooo you know how to remove ABC pillars and headliners ? and replace front GLI lips and side skirts hahaha
ya man :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.