VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was talking to someone at work today who is somewhat car savy and he told me that me putting coilovers on my jetta depending on how low im trying to drop it, that i will need a camber kit for it....

Idk, i was just trying to get some clarity on the issue at hand.

·
Banned
11,969 Posts
Unless you are running some aggressive wheels you won't need any camber

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I think what he was trying to say was you need a camber CORRECTION kit. You naturally get camber when dropping a car, unless it has a solid rear beam like a mk4. Your rear will camber in proportion to how low you go and your "car savvy" person was suggesting you get a kit to bring the camber back down to 0*.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
I think what he was trying to say was you need a camber CORRECTION kit. You naturally get camber when dropping a car, unless it has a solid rear beam like a mk4. Your rear will camber in proportion to how low you go and your "car savvy" person was suggesting you get a kit to bring the camber back down to 0*.
actually, the person was probably referring to adding camber to allow for the wheels to clear the fenders

you can add camber all day, just remember to get an alignment after you lower it and adjust the camber to your liking

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
actually, the person was probably referring to adding camber to allow for the wheels to clear the fenders

you can add camber all day, just remember to get an alignment after you lower it and adjust the camber to your liking
well assuming his "car savvy"ness, he would realize stock wheels fit inside the fenders enough to where he wouldn't need it, but whaterver:wave::peace:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
it would be a good idea to camber the rear out to at least -2. im running like -3 on classix (17x7) just to be safe, any alignment shop can adjust camber on our cars. camber kits are for camber more than -4, right??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nah, I'm not putting crazy aggressive tires on it, they are only 7.5" Its about the same as the rims that came stock on it. I don't have any spacers either. My coilovers are showing up today so ill be dropping them off at the shop for the guy to put them on and im sure he will tell me what i need. Hopefully. ha ha.

thanks everyone for the insight. will post pics once i receive it back from the shop

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Nah, I'm not putting crazy aggressive tires on it, they are only 7.5" Its about the same as the rims that came stock on it. I don't have any spacers either. My coilovers are showing up today so ill be dropping them off at the shop for the guy to put them on and im sure he will tell me what i need. Hopefully. ha ha.

thanks everyone for the insight. will post pics once i receive it back from the shop
you can spin them all the way down and not have to worry about camber then

make sure to get an alignment after it is lowered and you will be all set

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
it would be a good idea to camber the rear out to at least -2. im running like -3 on classix (17x7) just to be safe, any alignment shop can adjust camber on our cars. camber kits are for camber more than -4, right??
You're kidding right...? :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Sweet deal then :) ive been waiting to modify my dub for quite a while now. Next step is some eurojet headers and a awe tuning exhaust.
Just in case the first header cracks? I guess you can never be too safe...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.