VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Re: Will it fit? (Enthusiast)

I researched this a long time ago, about 2 months I believe. If you do a Dahlback type install (move everything to the back: battery, radiator, what not) it's feasible. I have a post around here about it. I'd rather have a turbo 24V VR6 though.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts

The W8 is heavier than your average V8. This b/c of balance axles [bad Dutch translation] and stuff. So expect understeer like you've never seen before.
On the bright side. This is a 4.2l V8 in the Audi A3 hatchback, which shares its platform with the Bora:

It goes by the name Avantgardist S4.2

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Re: Will it fit? (AuForm)

HOLY friggin poop

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Will it fit? (mk2-vr6)

If your going to pull a dahlback, than you can put pritty much fit any engine you want in your car. but then again, if your going to buy that incredibly expensive engine and then customise your hole car why don't you just use an engine from a ferrari because aparently your a millionaire.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Re: Will it fit? (AuForm)

quote:[HR][/HR]The W8 is heavier than your average V8. This b/c of balance axles [bad Dutch translation] and stuff. So expect understeer like you've never seen before.
[HR][/HR]​
At 440 lbs, it's lighter than almost any production V8 I know of.........

·
Registered
981 Posts

And just what do you plan to do with it if you get it in there
Probably kill yourself.
Next you will want to turbo it

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Re: Will it fit? (plugers)

Although I don't have the exact numbers, I know that the newest MB 4.3l V8 is a lot lighter than the W8.
-PJ

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Re: Will it fit? (PerL)

Wow! I'd like to see it in a Dasher Wagon (too bad those never came with the Syncro)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts