VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just as stated, dont have ne to test it out on for the rest of the week, but would be cool to know ahead of time

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumpin

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes! i want one key, and did a mk3 dash swap, i just have to do some modding to them :D just looking for less wrk

·
Registered
7,526 Posts
There are only 4 different tumblers, and they do have the # stamped into them which one they are, #'s 1-4. It's pretty easy to re-key a car, especially if you figure out which tumblers go where in the lock cylinder. You can even get a new locking gas cap from VW and key it to your car as well. BTW, I work for a VW dealer, and I have done much of this to my own car ;)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are only 4 different tumblers, and they do have the # stamped into them which one they are, #'s 1-4. It's pretty easy to re-key a car, especially if you figure out which tumblers go where in the lock cylinder. You can even get a new locking gas cap from VW and key it to your car as well. BTW, I work for a VW dealer, and I have done much of this to my own car ;)
cool to know, forgot about the gas cap, yeah i rekeyed my old mk2 and this mk3 i acquired all matching locks to right before i scrapped it, so its basically swaping it over :D

thanx dude any questions i will look you up :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.