VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We still are very happy with our 2003 Wolfsburg Jetta and it has been pretty reliable(the usual minor stuff) but then out of the blue the other day my wife says, "If it starts getting unreliable I think I might be willing to let it go for a new Jetta". So I showed her a picture of the new MKVI. "It's ugly!". :p

·
Banned
53,531 Posts
Not until the Mk6 or Mk7 are offered with premium features like light color interiors, fully automatic CC, Raintronic, etc. VWoA needs to stop being paranoid on a low base price and make the Golf/GTI a complete car as it is in the rest of the world.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I still won't sell the Bora but I might be tempted if they release the Jetta Coupe concept car.
[...]
x2
But the Coupe will come!
I'll drive my Bora till the end (or till the Coupe is affordable for me :D) ... should take some years... and the Bora has just 197k km on the speedo ... ;)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i got turned off whan i saw that it has drum rear brakes :banghead:
Thats actually only for the base S model. Same with the 2.0L 8v and suspension. Basically, a base mk6 can be thought of as a big mk4.

The upper models SE will have discs and the top line models should have IRS again

·
Registered
'14 A4, '12 Tiguan, '17 Evora 400
4,824 Posts
The MKVI Jetta is a step backwards IMHO (drum rear brakes on base model, 2.0 is back and in a bigger car, fully independent rear suspension only on the GLI, cheaper interior) . I would rather have a MKIV Jetta. I am kind of pissed that the Golf R isn't coming here because that is definitely a big upgrade from any MKIV.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The MKVI Jetta is a step backwards IMHO (drum rear breaks on base model, 2.0 is back and in a bigger car, fully independent rear suspension only on the GLI, cheaper interior) . I would rather have a MKIV Jetta. I am kind of pissed that the Golf R isn't coming here because that is definitely a big upgrade from any MKIV.
Is that the final word on the Golf R? Last I heard it was still coming here within a couple years.....
Its been a while since I've looked into it.

·
Registered
'14 A4, '12 Tiguan, '17 Evora 400
4,824 Posts
Is that the final word on the Golf R? Last I heard it was still coming here within a couple years.....
Its been a while since I've looked into it.
I didn't look into it, I just took my friend's word for it. I believe it since VW would do that to us and that the MKV R32 wasn't that well received.

Actually, I kind of hope it doesn't come so I am not tempted into a new car.

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
Nope, it's a jetta.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.