VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, the engine light came up. I came up with the Diagnostic code: 17956 Noost Pressure Contr. Valve Open. Being the silly dumb me, I erased it (thinking the mechanic can still figure out the problem with no light turned on since I got the code down). Well I found out he couldnt. So my question is : will the light be back on eventually?

Modified by Viola at 6:59 PM 7-9-2009

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: (Viola)

Mass Air Flow Sensor

·
Registered
12,107 Posts
Re: (krguy33)

CEL is designed to come back on if fault remains...if you clear fault (say you leave gas cap loose, then tighten it) the light will go out, but code remain in ECU. If your fault (which I read as something wrong with the blow off valve (diverter valve) for the turbo) stays there..the ECU will see it and trigger a new CEL and code..if it was something like a bit of dirt causing the valve to stick say..and the dirt got blown away so fault isn't there anymore..then you'll not get another CEL/code....It usually takes a few "start up warm up" cycles for the ECU to register a fault and trigger a CEL...so if the fault is permanent...CEL/code will come back in a few daze!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.