VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked this on the brake and wheel technical forum to no avail. Does anyone have this setup or can tell me if it will work? I don't want to put everything on and then realize I have to only run bigger wheels.

· Registered
4,429 Posts
Re: WIll the TT brake upgrade clear stock 16" BBS wolfsburg wheels? (Driftin GTI)

You will have to grind the side of the caliper. The 2-piece barrel's inner diameter is too small and rubs against the side of the caliper. There are 2 small bumps that need to be grinded down.
I wasn't thrilled about grinding down my caliper, but there are people that have done it. I just don't know if they ever had any problems.

Modified by GTI_Matador at 11:27 AM 1-7-2004

· Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: WIll the TT brake upgrade clear stock 16" BBS wolfsburg wheels? (GTI_Matador)

Thanks for all of your info. I will just wait until I get bigger wheels to put them on. Time to sell the wolfsburg wheels I guess.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Re: WIll the TT brake upgrade clear stock 16" BBS wolfsburg wheels? (trbo-4)

No need to sell your wheels. The TT brake upgrade is compatible with the WE BBS wheels. I speak from experience...as mentioned, the caliper requires minor modification; grind off an 1/8" bump.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Re: WIll the TT brake upgrade clear stock 16" BBS wolfsburg wheels? (dcomiskey)

Quote, originally posted by dcomiskey »
Why don't you just get a set of 10mm spacers instead? Or does that not help?

It's an issue with the inside diameter of the wheel, not lateral clearance.

· Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: WIll the TT brake upgrade clear stock 16" BBS wolfsburg wheels? (Bryan S)

I know that grinding the caliper is an option, I would rather not do that. This is not a daily driver or a car that has to be driven in the snow, so it can ride on 18 or 19's all year. Gonna sell the wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.