VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
19,985 Posts
Re: will there be two teams now with solid red cars (DURELL)

Quite a shame... Williams was the only front-running car (I think) not associated with alcohol or tobacco.
Don't get me wrong... if 2/3 of the world want to smoke and drink thenselves to death to fund my favourite sport I'm all for it... but it was nice to see a "clean" team up front.

· Registered
10,029 Posts
Re: will there be two teams now with solid red cars (F1_Fan)

Quote »
The branding will be seen on the blue and white livery of the Williams team starting this weekend at the British Grand Prix.

I think it might look like this

· Registered
382 Posts
Re: will there be two teams now with solid red cars (vw_golf_vw)

Funny, I'm all for sponsorship, but having Bud sponsor my favorite team leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Why?
I like the european flavor of F1, the All-American Bud logo looks out of place.

· Registered
127 Posts
Re: will there be two teams now with solid red cars (Red2)

Quote, originally posted by Red2 »
Funny, I'm all for sponsorship, but having Bud sponsor my favorite team leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Why?
I like the european flavor of F1, the All-American Bud logo looks out of place.

... As opposed to the oh-so-euro look of the HP, Compaq, FedEX and NiQuitinCQ logos?
Why do so many people have such a problem with alcohol companies sponsoring auto racing? It's not like there's a drinking and driving problem or anything!

· Registered
382 Posts
Re: will there be two teams now with solid red cars (augatorfan)

Quote, originally posted by augatorfan »

... As opposed to the oh-so-euro look of the HP, Compaq, FedEX and NiQuitinCQ logos?
Why do so many people have such a problem with alcohol companies sponsoring auto racing? It's not like there's a drinking and driving problem or anything!

It's not that I have a problem with alcohol and tobacco companies, I'm just used to Budweiser being a Superbowl, drag racing, Spud Mckenzie sort of thing.
It's obviously different.
But it's not gonna stop me from watching and enjoying.
Sheesh.

Modified by Red2 at 11:18 PM 7-18-2003

· Registered
197 Posts
Re: will there be two teams now with solid red cars (tifoso)

bud sucks, i am suprised at williams. ud think being british, hed have a nice taste for GOOD beer. oh well. not my fav team, but im kinda miffed since my second fav driver is jpm.

· Registered
19,985 Posts
Re: will there be two teams now with solid red cars (tifoso)

Quote, originally posted by tifoso »
Budwieser - King of beers?
Now there's a big problem with that slogan to begin with.

I can see the ads now... a cameraman bumps into JPM and knocks his bottle of Bud out of his hand. "You broke my f'n beer!"

· Registered
3,222 Posts
Re: will there be two teams now with solid red cars (F1_Fan)

I read about this a few days ago and the first thing I thought of was that some of the Euro-centric, elitist, F-1 crowd is gonna flip.
Then I thought, just wait 'til next year when Ferrari, due to the increasing regs on tobacco companies, announces that their new primary sponsor will be Wal-Mart.

· Registered
531 Posts
Re: will there be two teams now with solid red cars (Kaiservon)

Quote, originally posted by Kaiservon »
Here's a possible pic:

for 17million....(i dont know for how long) butt beer would have some vinal space on my car.

· Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
34,875 Posts
Re: will there be two teams now with solid red cars (Fumanchamos)

does every one forget this former sponsor at Williams? Veltins?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.