VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is what i was planning on doin:
To enable Terminal Services in application server mode
Open Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Click Add/Remove Windows Components to open the Windows Components wizard.
In Windows Components, select the Terminal Services check box, and then click Next.
Terminal Services Licensing is a required component that licenses clients on a Terminal server in application server mode. It is recommended that you do not enable Terminal Services Licensing on the same computer with Terminal Services.
In Terminal Services Setup, click Application server mode.
In Terminal Services Setup, you may see programs listed that will not work properly when Terminal Services is enabled. You need to reinstall these programs for multisession access using Add/Remove Programs after Terminal Services is enabled.
In the next screen, specify whether you want permissions to be compatible with Windows 2000 Users or with Terminal Server 4.0 Users. Select Permissions compatible with Windows 2000 Users for the most secure environment in which to run applications.
In Terminal Services Licensing Setup, specify whether you want the license server to serve your entire enterprise or your domain/workgroup, and then provide the directory location for the database. Click Next, and then click Finish.
The required files are copied to your hard disk, and server software can be used after restarting the system.
all fine and dandy, only when i open the add/remove applet, then the windows componants one, there is no option for terminal services, am i doin something wrong?

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Re: win2k pro terminal service not there (panic)

yah, you are running pro not server.

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Re: win2k pro terminal service not there (panic)

pretty standard misconception, not a big deal, and fwiw, i am pretty sure you can run a lite terminal server in admin mode only on pro. i haven't tried, and it has been a while since my mcse tests lol. but it is cake to setup oon AS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts