VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an aco**** with vwoa open on the speaker rattle(next time will be the fifth time its been in)and wind noise problem. I was just called back and told there is a fix for the wind noise and set up an appointment for next week. Has anyone else been contacted?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she did not tell me what the fix was, I was just told that they did have one now. The quickest my dealer can get me in is July 12th, so if no one else has had the fix done by then I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Re: wind noise fix (Jbegley)

They put some kind of expanding foam behind the glass on the mirror housing. That stops the air from being sucked into the mirror housing. I heard they were redesiging the mirror, but not changing the shape. I gusee they are adding some kind of piece into the housing. Time will tell. I still have windnoise but the whistling is gone and the wind noise has lessened.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is choice between rattle or wind noise. When I have my volume up door rattle and during silent drives the car whistles.
I wonder what other problems I will face soon. I think I will definitely get the extended warranty if I keep it past 20,000 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.