VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting excessive wind noise from the drivers door, it seems that it is coming from between the window at the and the weather stripping at the back part of the door. is this a common problem and do i just remove and replace a new weather stripping?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Your door might be out of alignment. Common with all cars. Check the gap as well as fit. You can have the door adjusted inward a bit and that will usually help seal the window's. Like I said it's a very common issue with many car's. especially the driver's side because it get's used alot. good luck. TimmyC

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Re: (rayveedub)

On the car, not the door there is a silver/chrome plate that the door attaches to when you shut it. You will see two star bolts that hold it on the car. Do not try a standard allen key or a standard star allen key. You will strip the bolts for sure. (I did this once on my 00 bug.) Before you loosen and move the plate mark the outside edge with a permanent marker as a reference point. Loosen the star bolts and move the whole plate inward just a little bit. And re tighten/ check for fit and alighnment. It's pretty straight forward,but remember not to move it inward too much or you could run into problems shutting and opening door. P.S. Most auto repair shop's have the special star allen key that you need. And if you have a good relationship they may let you use it for a minute. Good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: (timmyc)

I've had good luck reconditioning door seals. A (late) friend was Mercedes dealer in London On. He suggested using glycerine on a rag to wipe the door seals after cleaning them.
Bought a small bottle of glycerine at a drug store. About 2$. Lasts forever.
My Cr-V was very noisy. This cured it. Only took a few minutes.
Dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
Re: (DLynch)

Before you do all that
it could be that you need to reset your windows
press and hold the window all the way down for like 10 seconds and then all the way up for another 10 seconds. happened to me where the window drops after it closes, what i did worked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts