VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure someone on the forum knows why this is happening......I don't know if has something to do with setting I have made in the computer or if this is the pinch protector not working right.
Intermittently (I love that word.......seems like I always have problems the dealer can't track down because they are intermittent).
Anyway on the driver side I will pull the window switch all the way up.....(click it up). The window goes up all the way to close.....then it gets to the top and come down again. It is like it hits something (or think it has and then reverses).
Anyone else experience this? My fingers are not near the window switch during this. I just click up once.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Re: Window acting wierd.... (dy123)

What is happening is that your pinch protection is set a bit too sensitive. I am sure the dealer can fix this, but if you run the window up and down a few times, it will usually clear itself up. Sometimes it is an obstruction in the window track near the top, that is causing the problem.

·
Registered
77 Posts

I had that on my Volvo, but never the VW. The dealer did some reset on the pinch protection and it was fixed. However, I do have window issues on the VW. Every once in a while the express down or up doesn't work on any given window for about five minutes. Then for no aparent reason it just works. Ghost in the machine I guess.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Re: Window acting wierd.... (taken)

Quote, originally posted by taken »
Every once in a while the express down or up doesn't work on any given window for about five minutes. Then for no aparent reason it just works. Ghost in the machine I guess.

My A6 would do that and to reset the window auto-up/down feature, I'd have to hold the window button in the down or up position for a few seconds and then it would reset and work properly. I may have to do this to each window at times. It was a very, very occasional hiccup.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Re: Window acting wierd.... (jazzspot)

You are exactly right. When your "express up/down" function stops working for whatever reason, all you need do is run a full up and down cycle on the window, and the function will be restored.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: Window acting wierd.... (SeaTreg)

I will give it a try, but I swear I have tried it before with no results. Will post the next time it happens. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,700 Posts

Quote, originally posted by dy123 »
I'm sure someone on the forum knows why this is happening......I don't know if has something to do with setting I have made in the computer or if this is the pinch protector not working right.
Intermittently (I love that word.......seems like I always have problems the dealer can't track down because they are intermittent).
Anyway on the driver side I will pull the window switch all the way up.....(click it up). The window goes up all the way to close.....then it gets to the top and come down again. It is like it hits something (or think it has and then reverses).
Anyone else experience this? My fingers are not near the window switch during this. I just click up once.

My old MKIV Jetta would do that whenever the car needed a wash (the windows were dirty, and dragging, causing resistance).
Wash your windows, in the shade, and dry them thoroughly, and you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts

This is not normal - take it to your dealer to rectify. Two possible reasons:
Scenario # 1
I had the exact issue with the power-roof of my former B6. The guide rail was damaged so the window would not track straight while closing. Pinch protection will react to a misaligned window in the manner that you described.
Scenario #2
Some owners reported that water would pour in from the roof through the driver's window and onto the window control console, causing unpredictable window operation behavior.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts