VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 VW Jetta with over 60k miles. My window completely went off track today. I called the VW dealership and they won't get to my car until next Thursday. Is this covered under warranty or will I have to pay out the pocket?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Re: Window dropped today....Is this covered under the warranty? (JettaDemi)

Should be the Cracked out window Regs. So definetly under warrenty, but lets just see what the dealership says, i highly doubt you will be shelling out a penny for this. But if they tell you that you must pay for it, give them a peice of your mind http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
745 Posts

Had both my windows replaced for free even though I am the second owner and have no warranty(2000 gti). From what I have heard they will replace these for everyone that needs it. Make sure they do both sides at the same time. They did with me.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts

Called VWoA and got the scoop:
7 year/unlimited mileage warranty. Does not get cut in half for second owners like other warranties do. In other words, even if you're the 19th person to own the car if the window reg clips crack within 7 years of manufacture, any VW dealer is supposed to replace both sides for free.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Re: Window dropped today....Is this covered under the warranty? (jddaigle)

The warranty is good...too bad it takes most dealers a week or more to get your car in with no window!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts