VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was gettin in my car after a business meeting yesterday, and my drivers side lock has been dying, i could feel it over the last month. (The passenger side never worked since i got the car) and as i unlocked my car i felt pop and i knew that it jsut died....im getting it serviced at my dealer for $110 for both locks...but the funny thing is i put my windows down on the way home and now they wont go up....they are reacieving a signal cause when i push the down button, the motor clicks, but when i push up....nothing. anyone have any ideas?????? are the locks and windows linked together????? its not a fuse i already checked PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Re: Window/Lock HELP!!! (97veedubgti)

they may be. some had the option to roll down windows adn lock doors , so might be something elctrical. meaning, thats y doors wont open adn windows not go down.
or some weird vacuum issue. the vacuum seal on my drivers side died, had to replace it but the lock didnt go pop.
best thing to do. take out your door cards. look inside see if something loose or broken. go from there.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Window/Lock HELP!!! (95jetta2.0)

i took the cards off...but everything looks solid, my car does have the option where u unlock the doors and hold the key and they windows and sunroof go down (vice versa with locking it)....the 2 malfunctioning has got to be linked but i dunno how it could be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts