·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Definitely the most fun I have had fixing my car

to start it off

mmmm screwdriver through the crack of my finger

well first I got off my door panel

I first took out the regulator because I saw that the cable had loosened and it had fallen off of the pulley..... and then when I took out the whole unit I could see that the cable had actually frayed and almost snapped......

So the old and the new joined together in harmony..... this is before i removed the old motor and transplanted it onto the new one.

Once I got the regulator all set to go and bolted in, I could not get the window onto the clamps...... so I took out my window and tried to scrap this crap off....

Now for the good part..... once I got the window all shaved and back into the door, I clamped it up to the regulator. Apparently I clamped it too hard and it shattered once I tried to move the window up.....

And thank someone, I had a 94 Jetta parts car sitting in my backyard with the same window
So I was saved and was able to put in the new window and have everything working..... So thanks to German Auto Parts and my parts car i was able to fix my non working passenger window for $82

the only downfall is all the glass in my door that I still have to clean out tomorrow and the fact that my hands are all sliced up from cleaning all the glass and from my damn screwdriver

·
Registered
22,379 Posts
Re: Window Regulator Fun (Cusker)

Damn bro...every week you work on your car you always end up getting hurt. Show up to the GTG at Krispy Kreme on the pike tomorrow around 8:30.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Window Regulator Fun (VDoubleUVR6)

Yea and I'm also a padiddle........ So i wanna get my dual rounds in tomorrow, anyone wanna help?

·
Registered
7,626 Posts

bro i gotta do my pass side regulator too. I gotta tlak to you if you go to KK this wed. I drove a black mk3 vr hope to talk to you then

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Window Regulator Fun (mk1g60gti)

I can help you if you want.... we can do it in the parking lot if I go, if you have it already

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

i actually don't know if I will be able to make it tonight

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

BUMP to help those who are needing to change their regulators..... anyone have an idea how to change a front regulator if the window is stuck up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts