VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Ill make this short.
Thursday I bring my car in to have 2 regulators replaced. This will be 12 regulators that have been replaced.
Lastnight, I called VWOA to see what can be done. They started a case and told me a Field Rep from VW will contact me in the next few days.
The lady from VWOA was very nice.... trying to relax me I guess.
She aggreed that 12 regulators are a bit excessive. (Obviously)
Heres the thing, my car has a bit over 40k miles on it. I have 2.something years left in the car payment wise.
I would love a replacement or some sort of credit to get a new VW.
Probably wont happen....
Any ideas of what I can do. She has a record of all the repairs that happened in warranty. Rest have been done through Masterguard or Replacement parts warranty.
Now my record shows I had 6 replacements while under warranty. Which is STILL obscene.
Any ideas of what I should do/say/request?
Sorry if this isnt 100% clear its 3:40am Im sick and cant sleep.
Also, any documentation anyone has to support my case please either post a link, or email it to me if this thread gets locked.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Re: window regulator --- lemon --- Need help. VWOA (u4ea)

At the very least, you should get it declared to have free-repairs on this part for life.. and push for rental-re-embersements.

·
Registered
18,206 Posts

personally, i'd say the chances of getting either a replacement or a credit toward a new car are near zero.
i have a friend that i work with with a 99 jetta 2.0, and he's on his 3rd engine, and it too is consuming oil. he has had the car 18 months, and it's been in the shop for a total of 50 days or more. last week his throttle body had to be replaced.
and though all of this, the best he's done was free loaner cars, and a free 6 disc changer. w00t!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks, Ill keep Vortex members posted on what transpires.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

setting this thread up for email updates sorry for the extra post

·
Registered
2,102 Posts

Lemon laws vary by state, but most state the problem has to be one that affects the actual drivability of the car (engine, trans, etc.). And the prob has to surface a short time after you have bought the car. Do window regulators affect the drivabilty of the car? Probably not in the eye of the law, but anyone that driven around in -30 degree weather with one of the windows all the way down for an extended period of time would probably disagree.

Hopefully the service rep will be able to do something for you, but I also agree that you can count out getting a new car or credit towards a new car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts