VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know similar polls have already been taken, but I'm curious to know if people are encountering this problem in their 2002 model Golf/GTIs and Jettas...
Have you had a window regulator problem?

[Modified by agarc, 5:09 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
17,269 Posts
Re: Window regulator problem - Model years affected (agarc)

IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY ----SSSSSTTTTTOOOOPPPPP with this irritating poll!!! RUN A SEARCH! they are ALL affected because they ALL use the same window regulator part!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Window regulator problem - Model years affected (VarLordahl)

Hey. I was just curious. And I haven't seen any data that clearly shows people are having the same issue in their 2002 models. How do you know the exact same part is being used?
This is a public forum and there are always new users who haven't seen the older polls. And if the topic doesn't interest you, don't bother replying if you can only think of negative things to say.

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
Re: Window regulator problem - Model years affected (VarLordahl)

quote:[HR][/HR]IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY ----SSSSSTTTTTOOOOPPPPP with this irritating poll!!! RUN A SEARCH! they are ALL affected because they ALL use the same window regulator part![HR][/HR]​
Not so, I think the 2002 window does not retract all the way into the door, like a 1/4 inch above the rubber. This may be a new modification which takes stress off the regulators...

[Modified by wlombardi, 2:32 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track
7,204 Posts
Re: Window regulator problem - Model years affected (wlombardi)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Not so, I think the 2002 window does not retract all the way into the door, like a 1/4 inch above the rubber. This may be a new modification which takes stress off the regulators...[HR][/HR]​
I hope you're right. It's true that my window leaves a tiny bit poking up above the door. I hope this is indeed a fix for the problem.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Re: Window regulator problem - Model years affected (wlombardi)

quote:[HR][/HR]Not so, I think the 2002 window does not retract all the way into the door, like a 1/4 inch above the rubber. This may be a new modification which takes stress off the regulators...[HR][/HR]​
Nope, my 01 window doesn't fully retract past the seal. Oh, and because of the regulators failing, and some miscellaneous dealer mishap, my car has been in and out of the shop probably 6 times in a one month period.
1) The driver's side regulator fails, window falls into the door, while it's raining. I sacrifice my shirt and jacket to save the leather seats.
2) Passenger's side regulator fails, car is garaged for a weekend because of torrential rains. The car's then taken in to be repaired, the regulator is fixed, but the dealer misaligns the lock mechanism, causing the door panel to fit improperly and the lock "nub" to stick up above the trim when retracted. The dealer then attempts to correct this, but only suceeds in locking my only available key in the car. The "only method" of retrieval is to tear the hell out of the door seals with a coathanger, and manually open the door by the handle, in the process chipping my window edge, scratching the "rubberized" coating on the interior trim peices, and utterly destroying my door seals. Replacement parts ordered.
3.) Instrument cluster fails. Headlight warning chime no longer functions, replacement ordered. Door seals arrive, but are the wrong part. The dealer screwed up a couple of digits in the part number, and wound up with Passat REAR door seals.
4.) Instrument cluster arrives, and is replaced, but problem still persists. Another set of door seals arrive, but are for a MKIII GTI not a MKIV, chipped window replaced, door lock mechanism properly aligned.
5.) Another set of door seals arrive, but are again, the wrong damn part. The headlight chime problem has been diagnosed to be a faulty sensor or mechanism in the driver's side door.
6.) AGAIN, THE WRONG DOOR SEALS ARRIVE AT THE DEALERSHIP. Am I just destined to have a bum door seal or what?
Well, that's it, so far. The door sensor hasn't been fixed yet, and my alarm arms itself even when the driver's door is open, and my interior lights don't come on when the door is open, as a result. Thankfully it's all just little niggling stuff, and nothing major, like axles falling off. Nothing big at all, but just annoying as hell. Oh yeah, and now it seems as if my engine compartment has developed a vibration induced rattle....? This is all being checked out within the week, fortunately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.