VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search and couldnt find out what the issue was with my car... the pass front window wont roll up or down but when i hit the switch i hear the motor clicking (relay sound)... is it jammed? regulator gone bad? or is it the motor?

· Registered
1,665 Posts
Re: Window regulator? (vdubracer83)

Quote, originally posted by vdubracer83 »
even if the window hasnt fallen?

Yup, the cables are probably bound up. The easiest way is to take the door apart and check it out. It looks intimidating...but once you get things apart, its really pretty simple.
I was going through "OEM" regulators once a year and finally bought a cheap eBay regulator. So far its been in a year and still working. For $19 I won't complain.

· Registered
1,375 Posts
Re: Window regulator? (susieVWhopeful)

Quote, originally posted by susieVWhopeful »
I put clear silicone in the window track and shoved the window up into it. So far it's held it without falling down, I gave up on the windows in the car. However without A/C it gets a bit warm!!!

haha...the previous owner of my car ran long bolts through the inner door skin to keep the glass from going down.

I'm looking to fix mine as well.

· Registered
632 Posts
My driver side front door just broke a few months ago, and i was stupid enough to take it to some rnadom shop and it cost me over $400, those jerks charged me $300 in labor. It would have only been $290 if i took it to a specialized VW shop. Stupid me for not shopping around...

· Registered
131 Posts
I had to do all 4 regulators on my car when I got them. I got all 4 from the wreaker and they have been in for 2 years and still work perfect you just have to be carefull not to snap of the little tabs that hold the window on the regulator.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.