VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been pleasantly surprised to discover that my new 6.5 inch speaker would fit in the stock opening in the front of the doors, provided that I either cut the stock door panels or make new ones - and make new ones I did.
However, unfortunatly, the window mechanism gets in the way. My car is an 83 gti, with the non-scissors type regulators. They have some funky cable drive or some such mechanism, Never seen the type before. Is there a way to make them so that they're not in front of the perfectly sized circular holes in the front of the doors, or do I need to get the scissors type regulators? thanks in advance, everyone....
-Ian

·
Registered
10,650 Posts
Re: window regulators (Yorick)

well, I've never seen the scissors types before. Man, the problem you will have, unless you sink the speakers back in are the window cranks pinching your fingers... I did this before and used a 3/4 inch spacer for the cranks. WHat I have done also is cut the door ahead of the speaker so it would be moved forwards. It's a tough call there buddy. my suggestion. Jetta 1 door panels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.