VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,226 Posts
Re: Window Regulators? (Craz)

Supposedly VW has now fabricated the clips out of metal instead of the flimsy plastic pieces that kept breaking. If you have a late build 2002 or 2003 you might be lucky and have this spec. If not - when yours break they will be replaced w/the new part.

· Registered
4,756 Posts
Re: Window Regulators? (GREGSGTI 1.8T)

What's the part# of the metal regulator? I've got my reciept from Berge replacing mine last week, but they couldn't tell me if it was metal or old school plastic. My invoice has the part# and I figure I could match it up if somebody knows the part# of the metal ones. Thx.

· Registered
1,069 Posts

I think that Vw should have a recall and replace everybody's with the new metal ones. I know it would be expensive, but it's gotta be more expensive replacing the plastic ones over and over again as well as the bad rap they're giving themselves to the non VW owners that want to buy a VW but here that they all have a problem with the windows. I know of at least 4 people that bought Japanese cars because of it. 4 Accords @ $27,000 = -$108,000 loss for VW, not to mention anyone else who's been scared away by the regulator problem. I agree it's kinda stupid, but so are these plastic regulators.

· Registered
4,069 Posts
Re: Window Regulators? (spongebob_squarepants)

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=411988
clink on this for more detailed window reg. info http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
quote:[HR][/HR]What's the part# of the metal regulator? I've got my reciept from Berge replacing mine last week, but they couldn't tell me if it was metal or old school plastic. My invoice has the part# and I figure I could match it up if somebody knows the part# of the metal ones. Thx.[HR][/HR]​

· Registered
334 Posts

well since mine broke last tuesday and ive been windowless since, my advisor at chapman told me that vw is doing away with the plastic ones and going metal but the wait is a little long cause they are "in demand"
if this helps any

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.