VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here is the deal .. i just built this car from a shell .. at first the window wouldnt work at all (passenger) after about 3 days of having the car on the road i wire up the stereo (nohting hacked up ) i turn the car on and the window goes down by itself and well it doesnt go back up now .. i searched and found that the blue/black wire is the main power so i went over . shaved some insulation off and ran a wrie from the batt to it and nothing .. the light doesnt come on, on the switch and i sawpped about 5 switches around on the drivers side door and the passenger side door .. can somebody with a bentley possibly just tell me how to wire it up ( inside the plug or something) so i can get the window up for the meantime ?
any help will be greatly appreciate
thanks Trever
ps its 40 here in FL
im freezing driving it around lol

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
allright here are the wires goin to the plug ... if you could just tell me what is what i would be the happiest man everrrr
blue/black stripe
brown /w hite stripe
lightblue / red stripe
grey/black stripe
green/ yellow stripe
thanks trever

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (G60Scuzz)

the switch doesnt light up . and gremlins .. i wouldnt doubt it lol ..... anyways can somebody with a bentley tell me what wire is which ? i can make thing go up if i just know what to put power to .. thanks Trever

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: window stuck down .. need help (stic)

40 with the humidity down here is cold .. anyways i need this window up and i dont want to resort to taking it off the track and doin something ghetto like a 2x4... please somebody tell me what wires are what
thanks trever

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Re: window stuck down .. need help (Trevahhhh)

listen... had the same prob about 2 months ago... wasnt sure what it was... but replaced the control motor for all the windows... (behind the wall panel on the drivers side rear) Bought one... switched em... pluged it it... works like a charm.
You prob have same prob.. as i was having the same things happen with mine... hope it helps...
Picked mine up used for 30 i think!
good luck

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: window stuck down .. need help (DaddyMak05)

i appreciate the tip .. i actually have one in the mail but i would like ot get it up before it gets here cause it probably wont be here till friday
thanks trever

· Registered
18,473 Posts
Re: window stuck down .. need help (Trevahhhh)

Quote, originally posted by Trevahhhh »
its a 90 g60 .. i checked the link but it doesnt work
thanks anyways

You download the zip, unzip and read the PDF.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.