VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, summer is well and truly here. Time to finally get the windows tinted.
Now, it's hard to work out who's on the level and who will leave my windows looking like the old XF Falcon driven by a P Plater from Broady (ie, purple, fading and full of bubbles)
Everyone you speak to is very happy to bag out all the other companies, and of course, their product is the best on the market and the others are all shoddy...
Who's had a good success with window tinting, and who's been unhappy with the product or service...
Cheers,
Kai

· Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Window Tinting - who's good at it (G.T.I.)

Yeah, the upper $300's is what I've been quoted by almost everyone...
I'll have to call Tint a Car and see if they've got any specials on at the moment...
Kai

· Registered
1,841 Posts
Re: Window Tinting - who's good at it (kai_h)

Try get the price down to $250.
Obviously the companies like Sol-Ace charge more but at the end of the day a sole trader can do just as good a job, if not better. Just get someone who has experience. All tints come with manufacturer warranty. Lots of those tint companies have young inexperienced guys working for them anyway.

· Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Window Tinting - who's good at it (UB)

Okay, come monday, I'll ring around, or visit a few more places (there are a few out Nunawading/Mitcham way)
I'll let the list know what I end up going for...

· Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Window Tinting - who's good at it (kai_h)

Well, it's taken me a while to check out the alternatives and I've decided I'm going to go with Australian Auto Tint in Ringwood.
They're about 10mins drive from where I live and have a tint that gives the look I want.
I can't remember the name of the tint - I will post details when I get it done.
The tint they use has the usual lifetime warranty and all that, so there's nothing to worry about there.
What I like about the tint is the colour of it - it's a neutral grey colour that has a slight metallic/reflective look to it.
With a white car, i definitely wanted a neutral tint, some like the Formula 1 from Tint-a-Car was a green shade, others were slightly blue.
It's not a totally reflective look, not like mirrored sunnies, but more like a graphite look...
Anyway, I'll post pix once it's done.
Cheers,
Kai

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.