VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 2001 Golf GTI VR6. Me and a buddy were working on it one night replacing the window regulator and windown motor on the drivers side. When we were done, the passenger window would no longer roll down from the driver side controlls, but it would from the passenger side controlls. I come out the next day and go to work, and the passenger window is doin the same thing. When I get off work, the passengers door wasn't unlocking with the phob. I pull the door handle on the inside and it unlocks. But when I turn the ignition to the start position neither the windows roll down or doors unlock from the controlls on either driver or passenger door. Did I blow a fuse or the wiring break when unplugging something?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I just recently bought a 2001 Golf GTI VR6. Me and a buddy were working on it one night replacing the window regulator and windown motor on the drivers side. When we were done, the passenger window would no longer roll down from the driver side controlls, but it would from the passenger side controlls. I come out the next day and go to work, and the passenger window is doin the same thing. When I get off work, the passengers door wasn't unlocking with the phob. I pull the door handle on the inside and it unlocks. But when I turn the ignition to the start position neither the windows roll down or doors unlock from the controlls on either driver or passenger door. Did I blow a fuse or the wiring break when unplugging something?
I don't mean to sound like a jerk but instead of asking if you blew a fuse, check the fuses out to see if you blew one out lol.

How is the wiring? Did you go over it all, everything plugged in and not chafing against anything?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts